Jury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jury

To day i was on jury service and a young man of 22years may be sentanced to 25 years.

Did he do it, am i upset by the stage performance, can i stop it, no.
    Did we get all the facts, not allowed to hear all that was said.
    Am i angry, yes.
    I will have to live with what was done to day, So i start a sentance and like that young man mine is also for life.

hi unsure you don't say in your post whether you found him quilty or not, or were you unsure and didn't say how you felt or what you had decided, you can't give a verdict unless you are a 100 per cent sure because someones life is in your hands please let us know x

Comment

I can't imagine what you are feeling, was on a rape jury last summer, there is so much you want to know that isnt said, you can only do what you can with what you are given, I fought tooth and nail with others on that jury, because the advice you are given, before, from the judge, was being disregarded, and in that case, it was difficult, because there was another person involved we were given no information about, but at the end of the day, u have the evidence, and the witnesses, and thats all. I am guessing in your case it went against what you felt. I am so grateful that didnt happen to me, I didnt know what the sentence was likely to have been if it was proven guilty, til after. I couldnt have lived with it easily if it had gone the other way.

NOW, I find myself the mother of the accused, how much worse can it get.........

Comment

i dont know how to say this after what you have said because ever scince wether the people i chose to tell beleive me or not means a lot but i was recently raped and might have to go to crown court what sort of quetoins will i be asked?

Comment

Working...
        X