Why a district judge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why a district judge?

Why would a district judge be chosen for a case in magistrates court, instead of the usual 3 magistrates?

Because the charge is serious enough for the matter to be transferred to the Crown court should the defendant plead not guilty.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I wondered that but wasn't sure. I said to mum that bro thinks it's a good thing, & she said please dont mention it to him, I said I wont. But I dont think it's a good thing. And I guess she realises it isn't.
      Since monday he has gone into his shell though, I think it may have dawned on him it's getting serious. Even on monday after court was ajourned until june, when he came round mine with mum he seemed ok, & was saying about the accusation against her cousin that was not taken any further, & another piece of evidence that I wont go into detail about on here. But his solicitor has asked them to provide something, thier solicitor has agreed to apparently.
      But he said on monday that he cant be found guilty of somethng that didn't happen.
      I went & opened my big mouth & said that isn't true!
      Just wish I hadn't now. I have read too many threads on here & didn't want him to be nieve I guess.
      But he isn't the type to open up to anyone unless he has had a few beers. So now he is turning down offers to go out, & hasn't been on line all week. Even him just responding to my comments on farcebook were good to see. But that's not happening now..
      I will be glad when it's over...

Comment

aw sis, really feel for you all.
        It would take a very strange kinda person not to be affected in someway it.
        I think your're right not adding to his worries by telling him the answers you got.I know it means your're carrying the weight of it but he's probably already thinking the worst as we all do.
        We are always looking for someone to say it will be ok and nothing will happen it would be wonderful if that was the case but at least if you have thought of the worst anything less will be a bonus.
        Men can hardly go and share it with apint in the pub, but its good that hes got you's supporting him and keep reminding him that your're behind him.
        letty x

Comment

Originally posted by xxlettyxx View Post
          aw sis, really feel for you all.
          It would take a very strange kinda person not to be affected in someway it.
          I think your're right not adding to his worries by telling him the answers you got.I know it means your're carrying the weight of it but he's probably already thinking the worst as we all do.
          We are always looking for someone to say it will be ok and nothing will happen it would be wonderful if that was the case but at least if you have thought of the worst anything less will be a bonus.
          Men can hardly go and share it with apint in the pub, but its good that hes got you's supporting him and keep reminding him that your're behind him.
          letty x

Thanks hun. Went to pm you, but cant find how to. When I had a visit from the child welfare woman just after he was questioned. He hadn't even been charged! But because my daughter is the same age as the girl that's accused him, they figured they could stick their nose in & question my 2, she asked my permission to contact my gp & the kids school, like I could have said no! Anyway, I let the school know they would be in touch & told them it all. I presume all fine as gp said all my kids health needs met, & she kissed my but before she left saying all will come back fine obviously, as you're a good mum! I'll be having a word with them if he is found innocent, & I shall ask them about the accusation the girl sprung on her cousin too, even though I wont get any answers. She also said my bros mate tried to kiss her at this party, even though for some reason he has got away scott free of any problem!
          Anyway, wondering if I made things worse for him because he had a baby when he was 14. His girldfriend was nearly 16 at the time. So his daughter is also the same age as my daughter now! But he stopped seeing her when she was about 5. The social worker asked why I thought that was, I said because he was too young when she was born! He didn't bond. He was at the hospital when his girlfriend went into labour, she had been in hospital with pre eclampsia & had to have an emergency c section prematurely. He was 14! What 14 yr old can or should deal with that.
          My children bigged him up though to her. They said he is loud & loves everyone when he is drunk, but funny!
          Just hoping now I didn't say anything that would go againt him. My son who is 16 says I didn't, but it was a year ago so I cant remember, & I didn't even think it would get this far. For some reason he has a police woman giving evidence in his favour. But I dont like to ask him what that's about at the moment.
          Last edited by Bigsister; 16 April 2011, 07:14 PM.

Comment

hi, sis
            Tried to pm you but I says you dont accept them so dont know if there is a block or something,Think you have to been on for 10days ,I can get pm's ok .
            We had a social services visit also.MY daughter was already sleeping at her grandmas anyway because of my health prob and its nextdoor and they said my mum had to supervise if she was alone with him. It took months because of staff shortages to do the report so if there had been an issue who knows what could have happened.We just went along with them, best just to humour them and go along with the flow with all these officials and try not to ruffle anyones feathers and rock the boat when its already sinking.
            I think youve played it ok hun, If you start and put an act on and hide things, then they may think you are covering up and he has done something wrong.
            As for the kids- well "straight from the mouths of babes" isnt it? Nothing wrong with what theyve said-its not illegal.
            Just remember people only know what you tell them.I wouldnt trust any of them. nice to your face and then they stab you in the back.What the police tell you when that tape is not playing is not listening to-its not worth a thing and usually lies.
            Maybe they already knew about his past- wouldnt surprise me.You've been open and everyone has skeletons but I can understand your concern when, they are known to use things to add weight to the case.
            lettyx

Comment

hi, sis
              Tried to pm you but I says you dont accept them so dont know if there is a block or something,Think you have to been on for 10days ,I can get pm's ok .
              We had a social services visit also.MY daughter was already sleeping at her grandmas anyway because of my health prob and its nextdoor and they said my mum had to supervise if she was alone with him. It took months because of staff shortages to do the report so if there had been an issue who knows what could have happened.We just went along with them, best just to humour them and go along with the flow with all these officials and try not to ruffle anyones feathers and rock the boat when its already sinking.
              I think youve played it ok hun, If you start and put an act on and hide things, then they may think you are covering up and he has done something wrong.
              As for the kids- well "straight from the mouths of babes" isnt it? Nothing wrong with what theyve said-its not illegal.
              Just remember people only know what you tell them.I wouldnt trust any of them. nice to your face and then they stab you in the back.What the police tell you when that tape is not playing is not listening to-its not worth a thing and usually lies.
              Maybe they already knew about his past- wouldnt surprise me.You've been open and everyone has skeletons but I can understand your concern when, they are known to use things to add weight to the case.
              lettyx
              I just wish I had known what social services are like to be honest before. It was bizarre because I dont use my landline much, 1571 doesn't tell you you have a message until you go to use the phone, I have free minutes on mobile, i use that, so didn't know, but some woman from welfare left me a message, but I didn't get it. First I knew was a letter through the door one evening. Yes evening, hand delvered! My son bought it upstairs to me. Saying there was concern about my childrens welfare & they needed to speak to me so to ring them. Well, i'm sure you can imagine the thoughts going through my head. It was 7pm, I couldn't ring anyone there! I was on the phone to my mum, my sister, I was even thinking it was the kids dad had reported me or something! Later when I told him he said 'is that what you really think of me?!' I felt bad, but like I said to him, I didn't have a clue! I rang them at 8.30 the next morning once I dropped the kids at school. I didn't think for a minute it was to do with bro. Although I obviously knew about the allegation towards him. But I didn't connect it to us! She told me on the phone that's what it was about & that obviously she needed to speak to my kids as he's their uncle. She came round that afternoon.
              I know they have a job to do now, & yes it makes sense. But I think it's wrong when someone hasn't even been charged. And I think that even more now since coming on here & seeing the amount of No further actions. How dare they talk about my kids uncle like that in front of them when there was a chance it could have ended up going nowhere!
              Yes, she also told me I shouldn't let him be with them on his own.
              But they have never checked up on that, & I have no problem with him being with them on his own! I trust him completely. Not that he has been on his own with them.
              Anyway, I am rambling!
              I only joined last sunday, so I guess I cant send or receive messages until about wedensday hun xxx

Comment

I'll be able to talk better when I can pm. but yes sis, they are sneaky alright.but on the other side of the coin you see these cases where they are nowhere to be seen ,
                I tried over a year ago to get them to call over a follow up aapointment,The person went on holiday didnt bother getting back to me or visiting. what if my concern was for my daughter with regard to my partner being funny with her, as I say over a year ago.
                that sums them up ..
                letty x

Comment

I'll be able to talk better when I can pm. but yes sis, they are sneaky alright.but on the other side of the coin you see these cases where they are nowhere to be seen ,
                  I tried over a year ago to get them to call over a follow up aapointment,The person went on holiday didnt bother getting back to me or visiting. what if my concern was for my daughter with regard to my partner being funny with her, as I say over a year ago.
                  that sums them up ..
                  letty x
                  You're kidding? What a shambles. As you say, they dont know what it was about. Seems they will do what they want when they like, but it doesn't go both ways.
                  Yeh you do hear awful stories in the papers about them not getting involved when they should. That seems to be getting more common too.
                  The lady that came here was a nice enough woman, not happy about the things she insinuated about bro, at the time I believed what she said to be true, that there was more to it, what he had been accused of. Until I saw all the paperwork he showed me. Then I realised these social workers can be drama queens that's for sure!
                  I had an email with a link to contact your private email I think. I shall try emailing that later.
                  Hope you're bearing up alright. Admire the way that with all your stress you are still helping others. x

Comment

Working...
                  X