No announcement yet.

Rape if consent given beforehand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can tell you that some men do get convicted and rightfully so, in cases where consent is an issue relating to drink and/or drugs.

However, some of the responsibility has to be on the woman. You were 16 so not a young child. You had a responsibility to keep yourself safe so why go with him to a place only he can help you out of?

I am not saying that this was your fault, because obviously him raping you certainly was not (your fault). However, time and again I read these stories where women have allowed certain situations to arise where they put themselves into positions of danger and where there is no safe getaway, should things go awry.

If you wish to meet a guy you do not know, meet him in a public place and don't go off anywhere that you do not know or recognise. Don't put yourself into a situation where something like this can occur.

Most men are not predators but some are and nobody will ever change that. So a woman putting herself in a precarious situation with a man, stranger or not, is not safe unless she knows the person well. It's common sense really.

The man in your case was very wrong. He should not have done what he did. But then your responsibility was to keep yourself as safe as possible.

Nobody will ever be able to educate or "cure" predatory men. They are a sad and unsavoury fact of life so it is up to us to make sure we keep ourselves safe.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

hi, just want to address a few points in your reply. i agree it is necessary to take responsibility for your actions but it seems i am taking responsibility for mine yet the criminal is doing nothing to take responsibility for his.

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
      You were 16 so not a young child. You had a responsibility to keep yourself safe so why go with him to a place only he can help you out of?
      yes i was 16 so not a "child" as such yet at 16 i obviously did not have the life experience i now have. i drank alcohol and smoked weed because i didnt want to appear immature which in itself showed my immaturity. i did not buy the alcohol or drugs, nor did i suggest them but it was i who paid the consequences for my decision to accept. also note child protection got involved. the ages 16-17 are funny since you are legally a minor and yet sex is obviously an exception to the rule and one which makes a huge difference in cases like this. had it been a 15 year old then the case would be much more straight forward yet in those few months it seems you age much more than a few months. i was also anorexic and therefore obviously vulnerable as i would be unable to fight back due to my size (although of course i was unaware of how underweight i was). i was unaware the area only had that one point of access and exit (and even if it had have had other points i would have been unable to escape due to the position he had me in). i had never had sex before and yes i was naive but i did not expect that when i met up with this man to "go see a band' he would have other plans.

However, time and again I read these stories where women have allowed certain situations to arise where they put themselves into positions of danger at worst and where there is no safe getaway, should things go awry.
      yes women are guilty of doing this and so are men. every person on this planet will at some point have put them self in a less than 100% safe situation. but when something goes wrong people tend to forget that they too have made mistakes in the past even if the results havent been disastarous, they could have been

Most men are not predators but some are and nobody will ever change that. So a woman putting herself in a precarious situation with a man, stranger or not, is not safe unless she knows the person well. It's common sense really.
      even then its not safe. its easy to say never do nything that could go wrong but im sure you have invited someone you have only met say 5 times round to your house, doesnt mean they won't commit a crime

The man in your case was very wrong. He should not have done what he did. But then your responsibility was to keep yourself as safe as possible.
      yes i take responsibility for putting myself in a less than safe situation but now it is the CJS who need to take responsibility for getting justice
      "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Working...
      X