is this correct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this correct

i had a meeting with plod yesterday, about the complaints that i made relating to the case that was brought against my son. One of the things that Plod said was that the CPS could direct the police in which way the investigation should take.
    This was in relation to my complaint that plod had not investigated properly as they did not search for vital evidence and when it was recovered it was not tested by plod.
    How could CPS direct an investigation as surely that shouldnt happen?

Originally posted by worriedfather View Post
    How could CPS direct an investigation as surely that shouldnt happen?
    There's a lot which shouldn't happen in this "legal system" but does.
    The CPS are meant to evaluate the evidence plod brings in and decide if there's a case to answer (or worth taking to court).
    They shouldn't be directing anyone, much less an investigation, but I do wonder if plod consults them on what evidence they need, before going out and either "suddenly" finding it, or turning a blind eye while someone fabricates it for them.

In answer to your question, no, it shouldn't happen. Someone might be trying to pass the buck.

Comment

Of course plod will never admit they were wrong, so this may be relevant in your case. Rather than admit they didn't do their job properly (ie investigating) it sounds like they're trying to suggest the CPS were in charge and that you should blame them rather than plod.
      Kinda shows why the investigation was a sham, if they can't even take responsibility at this level.

Comment

Ha, (scornful laugh) the CPS can certainly prompt the police in their investigations.

I spent hours last year trawling through their website and, buried in there, is this little gem:

Is there further evidence which the police or other investigators should reasonably be asked to find which may support or undermine the account of the witness?

My italics, but gleaned from:

http://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/c.../codetest.html
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Nice find, CH, but I think I've rewritten the cps version to what it clearly reads when it arrives on plod's desk.

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
          Is there further evidence which the police or other investigators should reasonably be asked to find/beg/borrow/steal/fabricate/misappropriate or lose which may support or undermine the account of the witness?

Comment

the police never looked into my case just took it as gospel the womann was telling the truth , never thought small issues such as facts got in thier way

Comment

WorriedFather, are they actually doing something about the complaint, or just trying to pass the responsibility?

Comment

not from where i stand , my case was nfad , but she has now bought a house only a few doors a way from me !

Comment

i suspect that they may do something about the minor complaints but the main complaints i suspect they will either say it was the cps fault or just ignore it. they tried to tell me that it was ok to hold my son incommunicado as it said they could in pace. I pointed out that pace only allows that if they are a terrorist, a major criminal or if the detained person is likely to organise someone getting hurt. all of the above do not apply to my son. I regard the police as cowards, they took seven years to apologise to someone else, this will be a fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X