Threshold test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threshold test?

Do many of you know much about the 'Threshold' test and when the CPS would do it? All I know about it is if they think there is more than a 51% chance of a conviction they go ahead and charge? Is this correct and could anyone give me anymore information. I am trying to found out how this system works.

Thanks.

Hi
    I haven't heard of it, but a google search for "CPS thresho0ld test" found http://www.wikicrimeline.co.uk/index...Threshold_Test which might be useful
    Jo

Comment

Cps

I don't know the answer but if you go on www.womenagainstrape.net they will be able to help and advise you. good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by sammy64 View Post
        I don't know the answer but if you go on www.womenagainstrape.net they will be able to help and advise
        I don't think they'd be quite so "helpful" to someone accused of rape, when their primary aim is to help rape victims, not FA victims. I don't see your site advocating help to both sides, which our one does.
        I'm not so sure they'd make any distinction between an FA and a rapist, so I wouldn't recommend any FA going there to look for help. It could be akin to walking into the lion's den.
        Last edited by LS; 16 May 2010, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Sorry.but!!!

They would still help and be able to put them in touch with someone who could help them.

Comment

er......ie, here

Comment

i was told by police that to go to court the cps had to believe there was at least a 51% chance it would end in conviction. where that figure came from, no idea. just second hand info
              "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Sorry

Got it sooo wrong.....Sorry x

Comment

Working...
                X