quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question

what does it mean if someone is arrested? Are they just taken in for questionning and then released afterwards, or does it mean they will be charged? hmmm, not sure about the whole definition of being charged?
    Life is full of options is just choosing the right one thats hard....

I was arrested, but after questioning I was not charged.

Which was rather handy as I hadn't done anything!
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

but if the person arrested has done lots of things do you think there is a big possibility they will be chared?

Comment

sorry - gd morning RFLH and thanks for replying soo quickly.

Comment

I've given up trying to work that out isi!

What we can see as black and white and clearcut - they tend to look through mucky windows and peer round a corner!!
          And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

A suspect can be invited to attend an interview.

If they refuse to attend voluntarily then in some circumstances the police will arrest the person concerned in order to interview them under caution - which means that the case may go to court and the interview will be relied upon.

It is up to the CPS who is charged. Being arrested does not mean the person will be charged.

CPS will order a person to be charged if they consider that they have enough evidence which they believe will reasonably result in a conviction.
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

R attended at the police station entirely voluntarily...he genuinely thought he could sort out this confusion. On arrival he was arrested "on suspicion of the rape of blah....blah...." (obviously can't say her name) and stripped, examined, haqd intimate samples taken without the necessary senior officer giving consent. and Oh my god i can't talk about it

Comment

Yep - still raw after all this time. My heart goes out to you Saffron

Comment

Saffron, so sorry to bring it all back for you.

Its just I had some news, and I am really scared that he may be released. I have known from the beginning that there was always the possibility but it doesnt stop me feeling anxious. I suppose I will find out over this next week what will happen, weather he is charged or not. I cant believe its all starting to happen after all this time. I hope he just admits it all and gets what he deserves. I keep thinking maybe he feels really bad about it now that he is an old man, probably not but at least its not a bad thought to have and is keeping the anxiety down.

Comment

oh isi, we'll walk by your side through this.

It's natural to be scared, but you'll find the strength to carry on, deep down. We're made of stern stuff us ladies.

Comment

Yep, right by your side Isi!
                      Was he remanded when you reported it? It could be that there have been other accusations of tnhis type against him. If he is not charged, then you need to tell yourself that it is no fault of yours! It could be that someone else will report him later for a similar crime, and then his arrest for this will be on record....then he will be all the more likely to be charged. Don't beat yourself up about it - you have been very courageous to get this far.

Comment

If he is released on bail then you can request that there are conditions attached that he cannot make direct or indirect contact with you and he is not allowed to go within X miles of where you live or if he sees you on the street not to be within X hundred yards. The application may not work but it's work a go I think.

If the police don't listen then I would write to the Crown and if they don't listen, the Judge.

Good luck.

Comment

thanks everyone

I will let you know what happens, fingers crossed that they crucify him! and yes I am looking at it as its the most I can do and if nothing does happen I shall push it as to why x

Comment

Working...
                          X