compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compensation

I have just received an offer for compensation after suffering a vicious and brutal attack last year .the person who attacked me was a serial rapist (though I managed to stop him raping me) and he is now doing life in prison. I have been offered ?2000 compensation but after being of work for 6 months I lost more than ?2000 in wages can any one give me any advice on whether it would be any good to appeal or should I just take what I have been offered any advice is welcome.
    Thank you star xx

Surely if you have lost out on a substantial amount of income, and the compensation doesn?t cover the time off work, then you are entitled to find out if you can get further compensation? Don?t be afraid to ask for money at the end of the day you wouldn?t of taken the time off work, if some brutal ******* hadn?t tried to rape you? a good solicitor can help you, at the end of the day don?t feel that you should take what you are being offered, so as not to inconvenience others, you were the one that was attacked, and has a result have had to deal with more than inconvenience because of it! so go and ask a solicitor where you stand, it cannot do any harm to ask, and nobody will think badly of you, for getting the right amount of money covering time taken off work, which you would of otherwise earned anyway!
    Good luck, and well done for helping to lock this evil man up.

Snoopy
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on."

Comment

Dear Star,

I am not certain that the previous reply is wholly correct (apologies Snoopy).
      I am working under the premise that the compensation you have been offered is from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board. This is a wholly different body to compensation awarded through the Court's in a Civil Action. The Criminal Injuries Board have a maximum award, I think it is around the ?30K mark, may be wrong.
      They have a whole list of criteria upon which they base their offer. It is challengeable but the figure isn't going to move significantly.
      It is open to you to sue your attacker but you will not advance financially as he obviously has no means.
      This reply does not replace qualified legal advice.
      Good luck with your life and well done.

Comment

Working...
      X