This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat?

The recent post from 'Ck' got me thinking. They have a very valid point. In the past, we have always tried to concentrate on support and relevant topical discussion.
    Here's the relevant section of it, although his post is here: http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...=2582#post2582
    I was just thinking that, there's no where on here to 'escape' the misery. No-where to have a laugh and just blank things out for a little while.
    I understand its not entirely healthy to block things perminantly but a little escapism from time to time can work wonders.
    We've never really thought about having a place for just general chat. The thinking was that there was already many forums on the net where people can post general chat discussion, if they want to. However, it may be worthwhile having a general chat section here too, as users of this forum aren't really looking for a general chatter place, but may also want to share some thoughts or ask questions about general things of the friends they have made here.

So: What do you think? Should we add a 'general discussion and chat' section to this forum? Would it be a big help or would it detract from what we are trying to acheive?

Also, if we do have a chat forum, it will probably be a slightly more personal place than many of the general web forums, so I would propose locking the forum such that only registered members can post in it, although anyone would be able to read it.

Please vote and let us know any comments you have.

Thanks!
    Yes, with posting restricted to members only.
    78.57%
    Yes, with anyone able to post.
    14.29%
    No, it would detract from the aims of the board.
    7.14%
    Last edited by webmoo; 28 August 2006, 03:53 PM.
    I'd diet but I'm not in the moooo-d

Chat

Yes I Agree We Need Some Where To Just Talk Chat And Get Things Off Our Chests On Our Own Site

Comment

Separate issues

Originally posted by webmoo View Post
      The recent post from 'Ck' got me thinking. They have a very valid point. In the past, we have always tried to concentrate on support and relevant topical discussion.
      Here's the relevant section of it, although his post is here: http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...=2582#post2582

We've never really thought about having a place for just general chat. The thinking was that there was already many forums on the net where people can post general chat discussion, if they want to. However, it may be worthwhile having a general chat section here too, as users of this forum aren't really looking for a general chatter place, but may also want to share some thoughts or ask questions about general things of the friends they have made here.

So: What do you think? Should we add a 'general discussion and chat' section to this forum? Would it be a big help or would it detract from what we are trying to acheive?

Also, if we do have a chat forum, it will probably be a slightly more personal place than many of the general web forums, so I would propose locking the forum such that only registered members can post in it, although anyone would be able to read it.

Please vote and let us know any comments you have.

Thanks!
      On PAFAA.co.uk we have a "Drop In and Say Hello" plus "General Discussion" and also "Your Stories" which gives several options. It seems to work too. We have people offer jokes, their own stories, experiences...all sorts really. Hope this assists.

RF
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
        On PAFAA.co.uk we have a "Drop In and Say Hello" plus "General Discussion" and also "Your Stories" which gives several options. It seems to work too. We have people offer jokes, their own stories, experiences...all sorts really. Hope this assists.

RF
        www.pafaa.org.uk, surely
        Thanks - I like the idea of a "Come and say hello" board too. If we are starting a whole new section then it may well be a good idea to have something else like that too.

Comment

I agree, it would be a good idea. i like the thought of being able to post our own stories as well.

Comment

Chat

Hi all
            Yes i agree that the chat room would be a great way to talk to people and listen. Maybe a general chat room would help everyone. Its a big thumbs up from me . Although i have voted for anyone can post i will remain vigilant and hope no one will post rubbish.

Comment

Ok, it's pretty clear that people think it's a good idea to have it, although I was hoping for a bit more than 13 votes!

Thus, taking all your comments and a bit of thinking/discussion with the dear wife into account, the proposal is:

A new section, entitled "General discussion and chat, stories and introductions, and poetry". Wow. Ok, that really doesn't have a great ring to it, but, to be honest, we don't know what to call it - all suggestions are welcome!

It shall have a topic entitled "Introduce yourself and tell your story here",
              and one called "General discussion, chat, jokes etc".

We also think it would be a good idea to move the 'poetry and prose' topic, currently located in the rape section, into this section, as this also now has a wider appeal, and we do want to encourage more posting on the wider range of emotive subjects that this board has developed to cover.

I'd like to get this set-up on Sunday, so please let me know any more feedback before then, and can someone please suggest a better name!

The section and all it's contents shall be readable by everyone, but only registered and logged in users shall be able to post in it.

As always, feedback is not only welcome, but is most definately wanted. For example, if you think we should have any other topics, or if the 'stories' and the 'introduce yourself here' should be separate topics, please do tell us what you think. The thinking behind these two being the same is that the best way to introduce yourself is indeed to tell your story.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

freat idea

Think its a great idea what you are thinking of doing, what about !! calling it something like..... webmoo's welcomes the world ....then at least this site wont just be for uk, and other people around the world can join the chats and discussion... just a thought ... bye for now Marie

Comment

Originally posted by marie View Post
                  Think its a great idea what you are thinking of doing, what about !! calling it something like..... webmoo's welcomes the world ....then at least this site wont just be for uk, and other people around the world can join the chats and discussion... just a thought ... bye for now Marie
                  Thanks marie. This site has always focussed on UK issues, and does aim to serve and help people in the UK. I've got no objection at all to people from anywhere in the world joining us, but it's always going to be UK focussed.

Cheers!

Comment

Just a note to say thanks to everyone for your support.

The new forums are 'en-route' - they should appear tomorrow night or possibly Wednesday. I'm doing some silly hours at work at the moment so don't have much time for the forum!

Comment

Or possibly Thursday...
                      I have done some very long hours for the past few days, including today. I'm leaving work on time tomorrow. The wife has told me I am..
                      The new section will appear tomorrow - I promise!

Comment

Done!

The new sections are now online and operational.
                        Please have a peruse!

I'll close this thread now - please add any comments about the new section to the announcement about it:
                        http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/showthread.php?t=451

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X