Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any advice me on how to stop being paranoid please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any advice me on how to stop being paranoid please!

<span style="font-family:Arial"><span style="font-family:Arial"><span style="font-family:Arial Black">Hi i would be really greatful if anyone can give me any advice, ive been with my husband for 15yrs married for 10 were both 32 with 3 great children, i have very strong evidence to believe my husband had an affair twice in our marriage although he strongly denied it, and i often "check up" on him by checking his mobile, and recently i found texts from a woman, he denies they happend but i saw them for myself...i know im getting obsest but its making me so miserable i cant trust him and im so so unhappy, he seems happy enough at home he always tells me he loves me and spoils me rotten, i get to the point now that i dont believe it when he tells me and i dont feel i can get close to him anymore, i just need to speak to someone who can help in anyway
    Thanks</span></span></span>[size=2]

It&#39;s no wonder you feel you can&#39;t trust him if you&#39;re sure he&#39;s been lying to you. Have you told him how it makes you feel when you&#39;re sure you have strong evidence but he denies it? Have you told him about all the evidence you feel you have? Perhaps you could write it down in a list. Then you could try to work out if there&#39;s any other explanation for the things that happened, and if you can&#39;t think of any, challenge him with the list of things and ask him what else the things could mean if they don&#39;t mean he&#39;s had affairs, and see whether you can believe what he says. If you can&#39;t, you can put reasons to him as to why you don&#39;t believe him, and tell him how it makes you feel when you suspect you&#39;re being lied to.

That might help.
    My self-help articles on problems ranging from depression and phobias to marriage difficulties, to looking after children and teenagers, to addictions and destructive behaviours like anorexia, to bullying, to losing weight, to debating skills: http://broadcaster.org.uk/self-help
    And my article: How to Avoid Falling for Many False Claims or Fears of the Supernatural

Comment

Working...
    X