Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello - New and caught in a nightmare

Hi Everyone,

I joined the group a little while ago to look for support and advice regarding our situation but have felt too afraid to post until now. I honestly thought there was only myself and my partner in this nightmare until I read some of your posts and realised that this awful situation is actually all too common and so many others are going through the same situation. So, I thought it was time to introduce myself and share our nightmare in the hope that it might help others too whilst also feeling like we're finally not alone. I'm not sure how much or how little I shuld put on here so please admin if it's too much then i'm happy for it to be edited.

In early April this year my partner was accused of 3 counts historical sexual abuse against an ex girlfriend - this supposedly dated back to 2013.

We were absolutely devastated although kind of not surprised as 3 or 4 weeks before he was arrested my partner received a solicitors letter from his ex wife stating that contact with his son had been stopped because of a police investigation involving my partner (the ex wife had been informedof thisby his ex girlfriend approx 4 weeks before the letter was sent). We pro actively tried to look into this with both the police and social services as she was adamant about this and yet the police came back saying there was no record (even confirmed this at the time with my husbands solicitor) and the same with social services - nothing other than concerns raised by his ex wife regarding the claim made to her about the police investigation.

Despite this, he received an early morning knock and was arrested and taken away for inteview (we don't live together so fortunately I didn't have to experience that - i don't honestly know how i'd have coped with seeing that happen to him).

He was held for around 5 hours and interviewed, his phone and computer were taken along with his sons computer and telephone and he was bailed until mid july (partly due to the fact he had a duty solicitor who couldn't make the original date they suggested for bail as he was on holiday - we've since changed solicitors). His bail conditions are very relaxed and are just basically to turn up at the date and time of his bail date.

He was devastated, he came straight to see me afterwards and was crushed, he broke down and was destroyed as a person - I was so worried for him and found afterwards that he had even considered harming himself afterwards because of just how destroyed and degraded by the whole experience and the accusatons. For about 3 days solid afterwards we were both just broken people yet it was something we had to hide from others close to us whilst we decided how to handle the situation and to move forward - i felt like the bottom had fallen out of our world.

This lady had basically reported to the police that during there relationship he was 'controlling' of her and then on three seperate occasions (after their relationship had ended) he forced non consentual intercourse. He's absolutely devastated as this was not the case, they'd had a period of one night stands a while after their relationship had ended and it was always consentual - he has stated this to the police in interview.

Basically they had a long term relationship which was, granted, a difficult one as she had many issues ( i can't go into it on here as theres potential evidence if it does go to the worst) they seperated but he felt he had continued responsiblity for her because of certain situatons and her continued contact so in the end he told her he was leaving the area so to break contact with her. He moved on and met another person which failed after she decided to return to her husband she'd split from long trm. He went through a bad period and this ex girlfriend came back onto the scene, they were friends and had a casual sex life however he realised it was wrong as she was trying to forge a relationship with him again and so he called an end to it. He hasn't heard from her since December 2014 when she contacted him about a computer and that was merely by text and was resolved straight away.

It has shocked us how it has come out of the blue - but also how she has ochestrated it !! I mean I understand going to the police to report something like this is hard but do you really contact the ex wife of your allegated attacker and give her all the details - even to the point of lying about other blatant things too - before reporting it ?? It's also come to light that before contacting his ex wife and also going to the police (months before in fact) she took actions to try and blacken his name that I can't really go into on here - needless to say it didnt work !! I can't begin to understand this ladies mental wellbeing and stability and why she'd done this ?? It's even made us wonder if she's seen us out in public and done it as a revenge tactic as we've since discovered she's living in our area again.

My partner and I haven't been together for an exceptionally long time however i've known him personally a long time and we have such a good relationship where we're very open with each other and he's an amazing person - he puts me, his son, his family first in everything, he's in no way controlling, he's caring, polite and very gentlemanly - he will do anything to help anyone and is so considerate and reliable. To think someone can attempt to make him out to be some monster is heartbreaking. Our relationship has without doubt been affected, all our plans are now on hold and we just look at getting through each day as it comes but this horrid situation never fails to throw something up to keep wrenching the upset and thoughts of this case on our minds.

His relationship with his son is ruined - the interviewing officers gave my partner a lift home after interview and told him they didn't deem it as a child protection issue an he should be able to see his son but we've had the obligatory referral put in to social services who have said all contact has to be supervised and his ex wife is making the most of manipulating this by allowing him 1 hour every 3 weeks. He's fighting with SS at the moment for them to come off the fence as theyre sayng the contact needs to be more frequent however its them who have put the contact conditions in place yet are't willing to step in and resolve it. The childs mother won't even allow indirect contact as she's unable to "listen in" and at some point this ex girlfriend has also involved the young child in her accusations.

My partner is torn to pieces by the whole situation - he finds it so hard to come to terms with the fact someone can say he'd do something like that, that he can be an immoral person and that they have torn his relationship with his son to pieces. He always tried to stay positive in the fact that he knew he hadn't done it, the police would discover it was lies and that when he goes back for bai it will be dropped in some way. Unfortunately (or fortunately) he's now resigned himself to the fact that when he goes back he'll probably be rebailed and the whole nightmare will drag on and on so tryng to resolve the contact with his son issue is forefront of his mind at the moment. I just feel helpless in it all - i try my hardest in trying to find advice or offer support, I go along to appointments where I can yet I can't tell anyone as we've chosen to keep it this way apart from his parents now know and are very supportive, but his mum is unwell and so we try not to worry them as they live at the other end of the country. They only discovered after his ex mother in law took it upon herself to phone them and inform them of what her daughter had been told by the ex girlfriend - fortunately his parents are also confident in the fact that its all lies and this woman has issues. It still however doesn't take that horror away - the waiting for something to happen, the fearing the worst or waiting to see what is said next.

Sorry for the long post x

Hi and welcome to the forum,

It's always useful when defending against false accusations to look for a motive; you and he are probably best placed to work this out, but as a quick snapshot my money is on his accuser lashing out when he wouldn't rekindle the relationship despite the three 'one nighters'.

It is going to be difficult for her to explain why she didn't report the first assault immediately and why she then agreed to see him again on the second and third occasions.

PS your post is sufficiently anonymous; when you become a full member you will be able to pm other members privately if you wish to chat more freely.
    Last edited by Casehardened; 3 June 2015, 03:49 PM.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

How do you know the accuser has contacted the ex wife? She could be a great ally if she is supportive.

It is strange that the accuser would contact the ex. Possibly she was hoping there is bad blood and she would come in on the act too.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum, although it's always sad when someone new finds us as it's never for a good reason.
        Although the details may differ, everyone's nightmare is similar as regards feelings and emotions that possibly only us fellow falsely accused can identify with.
        Who knows what motivates people to do these things, though a few safe bets are revenge, money and envy.

You'll find lots of support and advice on here.

Keep strong
        They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

Thank you for your welcome guys - it's just such a horrific situation to be in and tbh there's still days I think it's just a nightmare it just feels surreal.

There's days I feel hopeful and think its just going to pass over like a big headache and then there's days where I just feel indifferent or full of dread and wonder if that day is the day everything falls to pieces again. I can't help but feel guilty too because i'm having all of these feelings yet i'm not the one who's been accused or gone through the nightmare of interview and bail etc .... I just try so hard to keep things as normal and positive as possible in our relationship but it is hard.

Casehardened - we're hoping that the fact she has left it so long to make the accusations and that she repeatedly returned for consenting intercourse MORE than the three occasions she's alleged then it will open up questions to the validity and integrity of her accusations as a whole. Plus there was amicable communication between them up until the time he said enugh was enough. She has also documented something several months before the trip to the police that contradicts her story to the police (we're not sure how much of this the police are aware of and are afraid to inform them as it's possible evidence for us if needed).

RightsFighter - We have the original solicitors letter from the ex wife stating contact had been stopped because she had been made aware of the report to the police. Contact was stopped abruptly approx 2 -3 weeks before receiving this letter because this is when she had been contacted by the ex girlfriend. Our solicitor intervened to sort this out yet the ex wife refused to back down adamant of it. Our solicitor assisted us in contacting the police and social servies to follow up this allegation - police confirmed that at that time he was not under investigation of an offence in their constabulary and social serices confirmed they had only had a previous report of concern which was from his ex wife saying she'd been informed by the ex girlfriend that he was under investigation by the police and was seeking advice on what to do regarding their son and the case with them was closed.
          It was approx 4 or 5 weeks after receiving the solicitors letter about the contact stopping and the allegation that he was arrested - since then his ex mother in law contact his parents and disclosed information that my partner was unaware of being said - she stated her daughter had been told this by the accuser and she (ex mother in law) believes it to all be lies. Unfortunately, he has always had an acrimonious relationship with his ex wife and her family since they divorced and she refuses to communicate with him on a good day, she's also using the police investigation\ social services decision to develop restrictions with the contact to make things awkward for him, so I doubt she would even support him in respect for the sake of their son.

We do have other little bits of evidence that prove she was hell bent in making his life hell or 'getting him back' as much as 4 -5 months before she went to the police. I don't want to go into it on here right now although evidence etc is a big query of mine (hoping we won't need it but i just have no faith in the police or CPS) so hopefully once I can Pm etc I can maybe seek a bit more support x x
          Last edited by Keepingthefaith; 3 June 2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Don't give the police any evidence that throws doubt on the accuser's story as they will go back to her, and she will change her story to suit. She will claim she was "traumatised" hence the "mistake".
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thank you Rights Fighter, this is one thing I was really concerned about as I had read somewhere that this is something the police do once they've taken your statement and it throws up any irregularities in the accusers story.
              We had mentioned and showed some of the evidence we have to our solicitor and asked if we should inform the police of it and she recommended not to for the same reason so we've basically sat on it and kept very tight lipped. Since then we've also found some other shockingly terrible lies she has told about their relationship which have stunned us and really question her sanity tbh - we just hope this is things that can be used to show just how bitter/ unstable she is and where these allegations have been born from should it go as far as going to court. X

Comment

Hi - A warm welcome to this forum. But very sorry to have to another member.

The feelings you describe are very familiar. To be falsely accused plays hell with our emotions. The whole package of not knowing how the case is proceeding is torture. When this happened to my partner, we continuously analysed the information that the police had given. However, the motive became very apparent once we received more information.

You appear to be in an advantageous position because it seems you have a lot of evidence for his defence.

Try to hold tight - the advice on here is always beneficial and the support gets you thru' each day. You will have many bad days and some that aren't so bad.

The only option is to ride it out, however unbearable it may seem. I constantly wanted someone to come and take it all away and wished I could wake up from the nightmare. The reality is that there are vindictive people out there - and unfortunately we are victims in their game.

Take Care and keep posting

Comment

Working...
                X