Help :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help :-(

Very close family member accused of statuory rape, over 15-20 years ago. He was taken to the station and released on bail while police conduct investigations into evidence etc. no computers were taken when they searched. He is on 20 weeks bail and to report to the station weekly. They told him to carry on going to work. What will happen?

Hi Smiley,

He might find this sticky useful in understanding the process he is going through:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

This synopsis above is very useful for anyone that is in this position.

For all we hope that justice will prevail, it's fair to say that you are made to feel that you are guilty until proven innocent and the stress that is involved is unbearable at times.

I am in a similar position and I will put my story up in due course and welcome any comments and help that it brings.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks, it's really scary. He can't eat etc. One of the bail conditions is that he doesn't speak to a 'witness'. But the witness say they are not involved in anything. Can you be a witness if you haven't spoken to the police? Also, shouldn't the police take statements from the 'alleged' persons family as well or do they just take evidence from the victim. Surely, there should be a 50/50 investigation in relation to evidence? He hasn't been charged, just on bail pending evidence enquiries for six weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
          Thanks, it's really scary. He can't eat etc. One of the bail conditions is that he doesn't speak to a 'witness'. But the witness say they are not involved in anything. Can you be a witness if you haven't spoken to the police? Also, shouldn't the police take statements from the 'alleged' persons family as well or do they just take evidence from the victim. Surely, there should be a 50/50 investigation in relation to evidence? He hasn't been charged, just on bail pending evidence enquiries for six weeks.
          Hi Smiley,

Sadly, like you we expected that the police reviewed and investigated the balanced picture; however this is not the case. As the DC pointed out in my son's case, the accuser is "the victim" and the accused is "the suspect" in their eyes - Yes this is what we pay our taxes for.... What kind of public service is this???!!! A bias one of course!!!! .

They view it is their job to prove the accused did the crime(and they will try every which way to make this look the case) and the solicitors job to prove that they didn't. Please do not expect anything else as if you read the other posts you will know not to trust that justice will be done at the police level. Well not in my experience anyway. All I have seen is maliscious intent, bias investigations, things being deleted(I had luckily screenshot these - make sure you screenshot anything you can from social feeds if the accuser has them, they may be tempted to post things on Facebook and Twitter... etc). Make the most of the supporters on this site, also the great advice as they have gone through and are going through everything that your family member is going through and indeed you are going through as a result of all of this.

Take care x

Comment

I hope her lies are found out. Words can't explain how the family are coping. They phoned his wife and a child claiming without speaking to them, he can't be allowed to go home. Is this normal?
            I still have faith in the police, I don't know why though.

Comment

Hi

Hi,

Welcome to the forum but sad to see you here under these circumstances. I am going to get straight to the point. What you think is normal or have ever been taught is right, will now go out the window, because what you will see and what you will think will be neither normal or right. The accused is now in the twilight zone and believe me I am not trying to be funny with what I say. Question everything and take nothing for granted trust no one from here on in.

Get the accused to do a time line. Gather evidence and hide it somewhere safe. If you think I am paranoid then you need to think again. Take the police with a pinch of salt and do not trust them everyone says this but please trust no one who is for the FA.

Hope this is resolved quickly for you but take the advice of others for the accused has now entered the twilight zone.

Regards,

Ghost....B

Comment

I just don't get why he has been released without charges pending evidence enquiries. Obviously, the liar has her statement but this can't be enough evidence if he hasn't been charged. What more evidence can the police gather after 18+ years ago? His solicitor informed him to say no comment on every question. When the police came around, the police woman said 'if the girl is lying, she has got a lot to answer for'. I'm so confused.

Comment

I just don't get why he has been released without charges pending evidence enquiries. Obviously, the liar has her statement but this can't be enough evidence if he hasn't been charged. What more evidence can the police gather after 18+ years ago? His solicitor informed him to say no comment on every question. When the police came around, the police woman said 'if the girl is lying, she has got a lot to answer for'. I'm so confused.

A similar thing has happened to me insofar as being released without charges pending further enquiries. The only difference in my case is that I am facing charges of statutory rape and grooming with someone who said they were 17, had left school, on the pill, 34D, etc and led me right up the garden path and turns out she is nearly 14.

She had makeup on when we met and kept the lies up from start to finish, and I was none the wiser until the Police came banging on my door a few weeks later.

The only saving grace for me is that I kept all texts and e-mails to back it up, there is no other evidence - no DNA, no forensic, no witnesses - and it is her word against mine.

To say that I am scared witless is an understatement and I have another 6 weeks to wait (bail extended from 7 weeks initially).

The Police believed me on the day but the only fly in the ointment is my laptop, and they are going to find a few 'no.1' under 18 images on it. Probably up to 20 at the most and nothing to really warrant anything other than a caution on its own, but if you put the two together it doesn't look good.

I would welcome any thoughts or advice on this too.

Thank you.

Comment

Please do listen to what other members have advised; they have all been at the coal face!

To answer your query; firstly did you read my write-up where I mentioned this? He hasn't been charged because they couldn't find enough evidence!

As to where they will get any from, one of the lines of inquiry will be to ascertain if anyone else will come forward with similar allegations against him as this will bolster a weak case.

Comment

Sorry to sidetrack / hijack this thread, but what are your thoughts on my case?

Likewise, I have been waiting now for 2 months with another 6 weeks to go and I haven't heard anything since that fateful day (and the event happened at the beginning of July).

It's pretty clear cut to anyone in my instance, although the age gap is not going to help me (I'm 43). I have implicated 2 others though from what she told me, and they may be going through the same hell as me by now.

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys.
                        I did read your sticky but I am still in a state of shocked/confusement.
                        Sorry to hear you have the same issue as well. When are your dates to return to the police station and are you on bail? He never had his computer taken which is very strange.
                        Is it possible for the police to drop the 'case' before his bail date?
                        I'm not being naive because we've all worked out the worst case scenario and how to fight if he is charged falsely but now we are all looking down the avenue of if he is not charged.
                        We have a solicitor ready and I have lots of evidence saved on a memory stick and emailed to a private account as a back up for him.
                        The best advice we have been given is to not speak unless he is charged. What do you guys think?
                        I can't believe how many women falsely accuse men of this and how there is a flaw in the legal system. I feel sorry for real victims and pray to God that the so called 'victims' never have to experience real rape.

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys.
                          I did read your sticky but I am still in a state of shocked/confusement.
                          Sorry to hear you have the same issue as well. When are your dates to return to the police station and are you on bail? He never had his computer taken which is very strange.
                          I'm not being naive because we've all worked out the worst case scenario and how to fight if he is charged falsely but now we are all looking down the avenue of if he is not charged.
                          We have a solicitor ready and I have lots of evidence saved on a memory stick and emailed to a private account as a back up for him.
                          The best advice we have been given is to not speak unless he is charged. What do you guys think?
                          I can't believe how many women falsely accuse men of this and how there is a flaw in the legal system. I feel sorry for real victims and pray to God that the so called 'victims' never have to experience real rape.

I am on bail to return to the Police station in 6 weeks time (extended by 6 weeks) with no restrictions and nothing more has been said since 5 August.

You can't say / do any more than you already have done and you're left in limbo not knowing what's going on, which is worse than anything.

Anyone that knows the culprit in my instance must know what she's like and she has a track record for this, but that's little consolation to me because the Officer in Charge ("OIC") is a woman, is hard nosed and ambitious and will do anything in her power to nail me.

My spiritual faith and beliefs have kept me together and I can't see it going the whole hog, but I can't be sure of that.

Comment

He never had his computer taken which is very strange.
                            It is unlikely that he will hear anything until just before the bail date, not through any maliciousness on behalf of the police but just their workload. The OIC is likely to look at his/her diary the previous day, and only then contact the CPS to see if any decision has been made; ironically, the less likely that a case is going anywhere, the more likely that it will be pushed to the back of the box!

If the allegation didn't involve a minor or violence this may explain why the computer isn't going to be examined; usually corroboration of a particular 'interest' is what is looked for.

Comment

Originally posted by Innocent1970 View Post
                              Sorry to sidetrack / hijack this thread, but what are your thoughts on my case?
                              Hi IG,

It may be better to 'cut & paste' your post #9 to your main thread as it can be confusing to respond to two folk on one thread!

Regards,

CH

Comment

Working...
                              X