Another newbie saying hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newbie saying hello

Just changed employers and there is a slim possibility they will do a CRB, lord only knows why I dont work with any 'vulnerable groups' but their choice. Not had anything to do with CRB before so looked on the net for a little info on filling the forms, started reading the detailed stuff and was rather shocked to see the Not Guiltys can come up.

Anyway, this brought my experience of ten years ago flooding back and I happened across this excellent forum and thought I should join up. Been reading through for a few days with a range of emotions from sadness to horror to anger to joy, hoping that maybe I can help with some useful input in the future, maybe put my whole story down one day too, exorcise some demons as it were.
    I really thought I was over it all but obviously not.

In brief, falsely accused of historical, arrested, lost the plot and tried topping meself (failed, just), crown court, NOT GUILTY.

Pleased to me you all.
    Last edited by Dave; 19 October 2012, 11:44 AM.
    Still here

Hello Dave,

Welcome to the forum & thanks for your complimentary remarks.

As you've found this sort of experience is life-changing & never really got over; however here you will be among folks who will understand your emotions and of course will be appreciative of any input you can give.

Having said all this, I can't make any suggestions regarding your CRB issue as I've not had to deal with this (too old to work)
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi Dave, good to have you aboard.

If you're not working with children or vulnerable people - I don't think it should cause you any problems. It'll show up, but tell them the facts if they ask - otherwise say nothing.

Casehardened is right - he's older than me, so that makes him ancient!!
      And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Thank you for the welcomes.

Can anyone give me a clue how to add a signature?, cant find the option anywhere in CP.
        Still here

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

Can anyone give me a clue how to add a signature?, cant find the option anywhere in CP.
          The option to set/edit signature is in the 'settings' tab, top right of screen. (If you don't see this option it may be because you've only just signed up and it'll appear after 5 days)
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

If you are not working with vulnerable groups, then it hopefully won't penalise you if a CRB is done.
            The best approach is to be open and honest with your employer from the outset.

If the police do it properly (questionable I know), then it should be made clear on your eCRB that you were acquitted.

You can of course apply to see what information is held on the PNC and then fill out the discrepency form on the CRB website if there is something that you feel needs changed.
            Goodmans and John Cato are decent solicitors who can help you out with this but you will need to pay privately.
            "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Thank you for the info, I shall wait and see what happens.

The statement 'If the police do it properly ' had me falling off my chair in fits of laughter.
              Still here

Comment

Hi Dave,

Good to receive your input on here. I notice you have given us a brief summary of your situation. I'm sure many of us on here would appreciate more details if you feel comfortable in sharing it with us.

I know for one - I'm desperate for any good news stories so we can cling to the hope that we are not on a one way ticket to being stitched up. I'm growing more and more cynical!!

Comment

I agree with you can it get any worst hope your ok x

Comment

Firstly apologies to CIGW and Smokie for not replying earlier, I dont come on the forum often enough due to many reasons, mostly I come to see if there is good news and offer the odd or three.

Finding new FA types posting with their situation is very difficult for me as it brings all the poop back and although I really would like to get involved and try and help with every one it just isnt possible, selfish? maybe, but I have family to think about and also my own somewhat dubious mental health.

As for my very first post, the CRB never happened, laziness on the part of my new employer but then it really was never necessary so I am happy to say they never 'got around to it', sorry if anyone out there was looking for guidance on this I really cant help you but good luck.

I can only try and help from my one experience of this whole sorry debacle, so I am very limited but can offer encouragement and the odd snippet from my time before during and after the court case. One thing I got from the whole thing was my trust in a jury seeing through bullpoop, and I pray to the great cod that everybody out there gets the same jury that I did. But I am not so naive that I don't realise that they most definitely do get it wrong sometimes.

Good luck and best wishes and major hugs to any FAs and their supporters out there.
                    Still here

Comment

Thanks for this dave..it is indeed very very hard seeing so many new members joining every day, and because we know what they are about to got through it brings it all flooding back...
                      You've given great support and advice to many on here....keep strong and remember that your own mental health has to come first....
                      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Cheers MH
                        Life goes on, most of the time its all reasonably hunky dory but some days, boy it's hard work.
                        Still here

Comment

Working...
                        X