Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex accused me for bigger House and Benefits

Afternoon all,

I am quite new to this forum and don't know wehere to turn. I have recently had my Child taken in to care by social services based on a few things. We are attempting to get herback and things are going well. My Daughter was born in Jan 12. In Dec 11 I was advised by Reading social services that my ex has accused me of rape on two occasions.

The police did not contact me nor did social services as she refused to give a statement. The allegations were made back in 2006 and 2007. I have had lots of contact with my ex partner, even staying in the house while i was visiting my kids.

The long and short of it is, I need to clear my name as social services see me as some sort of monster and can only have supervised contact with my children. (3 of which I have not seen since Dec 11)

Any help or advice greatly appreciated, feel free to ask questions.

Regards,

Hi, just wanted to welcome you to the site, though I'm not best qualified to offer any advice as fortunately I've had no dealings with SS.

Unfortunately several members have experienced similar situations to yours where rape allegations have been made to influence custody issues; hopefully if they see this thread they may be able to offer advice on how they dealt with it.

I guess you have been 'lucky' in that your ex wouldn't make a statement to the police as it has saved you from the trauma of a formal investigation but it does mean that the accusation is open-ended without a line ever being drawn at the bottom.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Social Services tend to work on a lower basis of proof than any police investigation would, which is why they are taking it seriously, even though she has not made an official complaint to police.

Will there be a fact finding meeting do you know?
      "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Working...
      X