Hello there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello there.

Hi guys I've been reading allot of the posts here and its helping me cope.
    Brilliant advise and help.

Glad to help, and welcome, but not many on at night. Lots will be along in the morning.
    regards LS

Comment

sorry you have to be here but these are a great bunch of people and always willing to help others so if you have a problem just ask

Comment

Hi all. Its the first time I have spoken on a forum like this, I suppose because one feels safe in your own home I guess. Some years back, still only seems like yesterday, my wife falsely accused me of rape.
        For some time she wanted me to sell the house and she was having second thoughts about our marriage. She stayed with a friend for a few weeks and things improved slightly, a bit of time away space and all that lot. I was arrested at home in the early hours accused or rape. I was filled with shock and horror. I was processed in the normal way at the police station. I was denied bail. I was further denied bail at court. This was due to my ex wife giving her address as our marital home, and I refused to live else where, even thou she had temperately moved out.
        I was sent to Exeter prison awaiting trial. My ex wife was sectioned under the mental health act. The true horror of what she accused me of was hitting home.
        I was sent to trial and acquitted, after the case I had the rare opportunity to speak with the CPS barrister, she informed my barrister that she did not want to proceed with the case some months back. But my ex wife psychotherapist said the case had to come to its natural conclusion to enable her to move on.
        To enable her to move on cost me my liberty. I lost my house, I was declared bankrupt and lost my business that I work so hard to build up. I was left a devastated man, sleeping on mates floor, with no money and no hope.
        Glad to say some years later I have built up my life again, its been a long hard struggle. I still find the whole subject emotionally differ cult and feel so much for others in similar circumstances.
        In my case it was clear there was no evidence, only her word against mine, but I strongly feel the police where bias in there investigation. There is little or no support for men in this situation we are just left to deal with it on our own. The police had the cheek some time later to inform me she applied for criminal compensation! The last few years things have improved for me.

Homer

Comment

Hi Homer, welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your experience.

Its sad that thre are so many in the same situation as you - and sadly I can't see it ever changing.

I was pleased to read that you weren't ground down over this and have fought your way back. Its been a long hard road for you and I hope that things get easier for you now.
          And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Hi Homer
            Thanks for sharing your story. I hope other members will find it inspiring.
            Welcome

Comment

Working...
            X