Hi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi!

I keep peering in this section and thought I should post here at last and say a little bit about myself. So here goes.
    I am 28yr old single parent. I have two lovely children and I work full time as a therapist (I won't say what type of therapist as I am online).
    I have had a rocky start to life but picked myself up and have aspirations that keep me going through life. I have had a recent setback and I am trying to put my world back in order again. It feels hard at the moment but I know it wont be like this forever. I had hyperemesis with my pregnancy with my child who is two now and when he was three months old my father died who was still very young and then I had to deal with the childs father and going to court ect ect so you may understand that the last 3 yrs have been pretty ****.
    In my spare time I love to be with my children, go cycling, holidaying,surfing, reading a good book and learning new things. I love a glass of wine and when I am having an up time I love going out with friends to bars, concerts, cinema and definately enjoying good food out with good company. When you live in the capital there are so many eateries it would be rude not to try them out... so any suggestions please fill me in...
    I am generally quite shy and untrusting and takes alot for me to build friendships weather it be in person or online. The friends I have are few but very close and I love them. I am starting to come out of my shell and hope that posting here can free some of the hidden emotion and experiences I have had in life and start to concentrate on the good experiences.

Hmm think I have rammbled enough now so will stop there.

thanks for reading
    Life is full of options is just choosing the right one thats hard....

Hi isi,

Ramble away - that's what forums are for!

It sounds like you've had a tough patch but that you've got some good friends. It's great to have a small group who stick with you. I've got a small band of old school friends who I see regularly and keep in touch with. It's really good.

London - I like the place, but couldn't live there. Every time I've gone there for business meetings etc I've been crushed into a rammed tube train, tried to get somewhere and been mown down by the huge number of people, been hopelessly lost and usually been late. OTOH, It's got some wonderful places and when I get to travel outside of rush hour the tubes aren't too bad. As a railway engineer I quite like them really, and the DLR is great fun.

Kids are great and can be very uplifting at times, but very hard work. I love my child but he can be very tiring. I don't know how you cope with two. Me and my wife have one little Mr Trouble and we think the whole idea of double trouble is frightening! He's lovely though...

Thanks for sharing!

Moo
    I'd diet but I'm not in the moooo-d

Comment

Bad times are not fun but afterwards one is made all the stronger from the experience - hopefully not to find oneself in that situation again. Well done you and keep your spirits up.

I have always only had a small group of close friends and even then that has sometimes backfired - too few to support you when you need people most. I blame this on wanting to enjoy our sons youth, we participated and this left us open and vulnerable - you dont think of it that way at the time. Not that is until you become a target of their bullying and devious games. Even your own children can be dangerous, especially their own "friends". RM Lang did a good thesis on this.

One often questions whether on line contacts are actually true friends or simply virtual beings, personally I find them to be great friends at that specific time. As you move around the web you always meet new people. ATleast you dont have to worry about first impressions or washing your hair or making sure you have a matching pair of socks on - no one can see you !!

Comment

glad to hear you have such good friends around. nothing compares to a good friend.

im a londoner too but dont tend to eat out much due to lack of money and being vegan but i love the thai and chinese veggie buffets that are all over london cos an all you can eat buffet is £5!
        "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Friday, Isi

there is a wonderful restaurant on Stroud Green Road called Jai Krishna...it is vegan and serves amazing grub! You have to take your own wine and they charge corkage. Delicious!

S x

Comment

Im not too far from that road, sounds good. I love the resteraunts down here. Thanks Sx
            Life is full of options is just choosing the right one thats hard....

Comment

glad to see you are becoming happy once again mark x

Comment

Working...
              X