hi-from Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi-from Cat

hi there,my names Cat.I came on here several years ago,and had some fantastic support from diana holbourn,when i was very traumatised.I then left as after she left noone else responded to my messages.I came back recently to see if this was now a more active forum,and had had several 'we miss u' messages from here,so decided to give it a try again.Im wondering why it is still fairly quiet on here? it seems like it is busier than it used to be,but is still on the quiet side...i used to be on another rape site,but found it a bit precious and restrictive.Almost as though it encouraged its members to keep ruminating on there awful experiences,like it was some kind of club.

Hi Cat, I'm glad you came back.

I guess its good news that it's so quiet! But I think on all forums they go in fits and starts.

Keep posting!
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Hi Cat,
      Thanks for coming back to us. My program that emails people with "We miss you" works! Yay!

We are still a bit quiet sometimes, and can be very busy sometimes. I am, as ever, trying to get the forum to be a bit more busy, but there is only so much you can do!

If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears!

I'm sorry to hear about the other rape site encouraging to ruminate on their experiences. I guess all sites are different, and each admin/owner decides to pursue different things. I've always wanted to let the forum go its own way, and not be too restrictive. I feel that it's the users who know what they want, not me, so I let them post almost what they like (within the rules of course!), and let others respond as they like. I think this is a good thing - it's just my way really!
      I'd diet but I'm not in the moooo-d

Comment

Hi Cat
        Good to see you back. I remember you from your first postings!
        This site is in big need of people like you to support survivors. Please keep coming back! I hope the responses to your recent post has encouraged you. There have been some big changes here recently, which will hopefully lead to more activity, but it has to start somewhere. And hopefully you can be one of our "re-founders".

Best,

Saffron

Comment

hi cat,
          it good to have some more survivors on here
          i completely agree with you about some of the rape/sexual abuse survivor websites. i did go on a couple but felt it did more harm than good. they tend to get a bit competitive as well which is always a bit unnerving....

anyway, hi! and welcome back. i hope you find the support you need on here.

x
          "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

hi

hi thanks for ur comments,i really appreciate it,as ive been very down lately,with bad anxiety and ocd.Its lovely to hear that im so welcome! you do great work here and if i can help in anyway,id be only to happy to.Just let me know..!

Comment

just keep on posting and passing on your help to others.

Hope you'll feel more positive soon.
              And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Working...
              X