So much for fancy dress parties ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much for fancy dress parties ?

Seventeen British tourists have appeared before a prosecutor on Greek island of Crete after being arrested for dressing up in nun costumes and suspender belts

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090525...s-6323e80.html

Brits in court for dressing as nuns

Seventeen Britons have appeared in a Greek court for dressing as nuns .Police say the 17 were arrested on Saturday night in the holiday town of Malia, a resort popular with young tourists and notorious for rowdy and drunken behaviour during the summer.

The group were initially charged with causing a scandal by provocative acts and misrepresenting a uniform, and the prosecutor is to decide whether to maintain or alter the charges.

The British Embassy in Athens said it was aware of the arrests and consular assistance was being provided.

Misbehaving tourists, many from Britain, have become an increasing problem for Greek authorities in recent years in resorts on the islands of Rhodes, Crete and Corfu

This is the sort of thing you would expect in Saudi Arabia or other religiously controlled state but Crete? There happy to take the money from tourists but I guess you can see the conflict of interest - you cant have fun spending it !!

I wonder if the tour operator warns people of the dangers of visiting foreign countries, and ofcourse that should apply to anyone who thinks about visiting Britain too !!
    Last edited by webmoo; 25 May 2009, 01:56 PM.

FG - I wouldn't want to holiday anywhere teenagers or young adults went. Having seen their antics on various programmes, their behaviour leaves a lot to be desired.

When in Rome and all that!

Serves them right, perhaps they'll be a bit more aware the next time they flaunt their behaviour in foreign climes.

I think I'm turning into Victor Meldrew .............
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

It said in a later report those arrested ranged from late teens to 60 !!

So is a 60yr old classed as a young adult, Im up for that, means I still have many years ahead of me and still be young - even if I dont feel it anymore !!

Comment

Now I know I'm well past it!
        And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Working...
        X