Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

It is now two years since my arrest and my case has still not gone to CPS. I have no family, it is my only family member that has made the allegation.
    What I am trying to say is I don't know how to cope. I have lost everything.
    Its Christmas and I feel like every day is torture.

I'm so sorry to learn that this is still ongoing for you totallylost.

False allegations from family members are so hard to bear and false historical allegations do seem to take the authorities the longest to deal with. Annual anniversaries are excruciatingly difficult, I know. Please take some comfort from the fact that now the file is with the CPS you are on the last leg before you get a decision.

One of the downsides of the Police and Crime Act 2017 was that so many investigations happen now without bail being involved. At least if a person was on bail there were bail dates when you got some sort of contact from the authorities and if you were lucky, a little bit of an update. Languishing and 'released under investigation' is even more torture, if that were possible. I see that your file has been with CPS for about 6 months so hopefully it won't be long now. I know that your solicitor didn't get much joy when they asked for updates from the police but perhaps they could now ask the CPS for an update for you, or they might even just be able to tell you how long the CPS office dealing with your case take on average.

We are in a very similar situation, constantly trying to remind ourselves that the longer this goes on the less likely it is for them to be making something out of nothing. As you say, defending yourself against allegations that never happened, especially from decades ago is just nonsense. At least more recent allegations have the benefit of text messages, CCTV, recent memory and the like.

Dealing with this stuff is soul destroying but don't let it destroy you. If your mental health is suffering, please consider asking your GP for some help. There's no shame in it. This situation causes nothing less than brain trauma and you really need to be gentle with and take care of yourself. I hope you have friends to spend some time with over Christmas. I'll be in here saying hello over the Christmas period too.
    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

I probably wasn't clear, the police asked cps for advice back in June but my solicitor has been told it has not gone to CPS for a charging decision yet. I was on Police bail for almost 20 months and then released from bail and put under investigation. I just cant believe how long the police are taking

Comment

Originally posted by totallylost View Post
        I probably wasn't clear, the police asked cps for advice back in June but my solicitor has been told it has not gone to CPS for a charging decision yet. I was on Police bail for almost 20 months and then released from bail and put under investigation. I just cant believe how long the police are taking
        I'm sorry I misunderstood. I find it difficult to believe that these things take so long too, and firmly believe that it should be an obligation to keep the accused informed as much as the accuser as the Henriques report advised. I get truly tired of report after report suggesting all manner of sensible things but nothing changes. Not that my beliefs have any bearing on anything at all.

Some people suggest that it's not unreasonable for you to ask for an update every month or so. Others suggest that hanging on to the maxim 'no news is good news' is best. Does your solicitor have an opinion on that or is s/he just telling you to sit it out?
        'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

solicitor does make enquiries but since I have been put on 'under investigation' the police are not forthcoming with any information. At least when I was on bail we used to get updates which had a comforting way of reassuring you the case was still being worked on at least.

Comment

Indeed. The Police and Crime Act 2017 has caused more problems than it solved, which many foresaw, but of course, the accused is the least of anyone's priorities. The police seem to do nothing that they are not required to do or is not politically expedient and there seems to be no way of getting to do otherwise.

I do hope that you get some news soon.

Comment

Working...
            X