Defamation of character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defamation of character

As I had nfa no further action no evidence . The silly woman posted on facebook in public Trying to tarnish my good name after 3 days she deleted the post but still I want advice on can I persue actions against her

Advice

Any advice please thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmyb74 View Post
      Any advice please thanks
      Hi Kimmyb74

I have looked into this myself and shall advise you not to do what I did and contact your FA yourself. Firstly go to a solicitor and pay them to send a "cease and desist" letter to the FA. That will require the FA to agree to stop defaming you and reply within 14 days. If they don't agree or don't reply within the given time period you can then take them to court and sue them for defamation. You have to give your FA a chance to stop before you take legal action. The letter and any refusal to stop will benefit you in court. You then will have to pay the solicitor to do the paperwork.

Please note what the FA said in her statements to the police or in court is privileged and is not defamation but Facebook posts are not. If you can keep any evidence of her Facebook posts, or any other sources of evidence then that would be handy. You can get statements from people who saw her posts to use against her.

The civil court is a very slow process, so please don't think it will be over anytime soon.

Pond31

Comment

Advice

Thank you yes got a photo shots of the post by friends and several witness it has been reported to the police as they informed me that's it's a criminal matter of defarmation of character

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmyb74 View Post
          Thank you yes got a photo shots of the post by friends and several witness it has been reported to the police as they informed me that's it's a criminal matter of defarmation of character
          Hi Kimmyb74

Defamation is a civil not criminal matter. What your FA maybe guilty of is criminal harassment or threatening behavior of some sort.. If she threatened violence against you or encouraged others to assault you in the posts then that may be an issue. It will be interesting to see if the police actually act.

Pond317

Comment

Advice

Yes I had threats but also very many supports and people defended my name also she deleted the post after 2 half days she was slammed and had threats of people and I wasn't to k ow as I'm blocked on her Facebook so I can't see the post I had 120 people plus showing me and 120 plus many more satin g she's talking a pack of lies so I'm just asking advice in this point but from there no threats as they just full of rubbish

Comment

Advice

Yes I did report it to the police on the matter and was told at the time it was a criminal matter I did ask 4 a clear and desist order from there since I had peace and quiet and plenty of support around I'm glad now it's over but my point is how can she think she can get away with it ?

Comment

Long time since been on here been very quiet no issues nothing advice given and mainly found more info on the accuser previous 2 more men one has come forward of blackmail and threats this is good news finally not just for me but for others

Comment

Working...
                X