Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has your opinion of the justice system changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edinashed View Post
    I dunno, it's not as black and white as that is it. Where mental health issues contributed to the FA or if the the same FA was a single mother of young children would you still support charges being brought? I'm not sure I would I.e I'm not sure I would cooperate with any investigation of the fa.
    Yes I would be happy to support charges being brought against a mother of small children. I, too, am a mother and it was my son and our family that have been thru hell because of some nasty person deciding to tell a pack of lies. I would be happy to lock the cell door behind her. Just because she may have children doesn't mean she should get away with lying to the police and causing such distress.

I remember many years ago being in a club with 2 work colleagues. One was glassed in the face by a mother of young children because she wrongly thought this girl had been seeing her ex boyfriend. She was sent down for 4 years and rightly so. Sad for the children I agree but you can't use kids as a "get out of jail" card. You commit a crime, be prepared to do the time.

Xx

Comment

I've just being having a look but couldn't find it, but it was simply a single sided a4 sheet saying words to the effect of being accused of rape can be a difficult time and had names, websites and sone phone numbers of some organisations that offered support. Samaritans was obviously one such organisation.
      My son was also given this sheet by the police. It had numbers of help organisations such as Samaritans.

Xx

Comment

Originally posted by changethelaw View Post
        Yes I would be happy to support charges being brought against a mother of small children. I, too, am a mother and it was my son and our family that have been thru hell because of some nasty person deciding to tell a pack of lies. I would be happy to lock the cell door behind her. Just because she may have children doesn't mean she should get away with lying to the police and causing such distress.

I remember many years ago being in a club with 2 work colleagues. One was glassed in the face by a mother of young children because she wrongly thought this girl had been seeing her ex boyfriend. She was sent down for 4 years and rightly so. Sad for the children I agree but you can't use kids as a "get out of jail" card. You commit a crime, be prepared to do the time.

Xx
        That wasn't the scenario I suggested. The scenario I suggested was a single mother with mental health issues making a FA which was found to be untrue.

Comment

That wasn't the scenario I suggested. The scenario I suggested was a single mother with mental health issues making a FA which was found to be untrue.
          No your scenario said -

" Where mental health issues contributed to the FA OR if the the same FA was a single mother of young children"

You didn't say mental issues AND a mother. However, I still would answer the same. Then if prosecuted the mother of small children with mental issues would hopefully get help (medical) she needs not to mention benefitting the kids.

Xx

Comment

Originally posted by changethelaw View Post
            No your scenario said -

" Where mental health issues contributed to the FA OR if the the same FA was a single mother of young children"

You didn't say mental issues AND a mother. However, I still would answer the same. Then if prosecuted the mother of small children with mental issues would hopefully get help (medical) she needs not to mention benefitting the kids.

Xx
            My FA was detained in a mental hospital after doing something very extreme when he made the allegations - this doesn't lessen the impact on me nor does it lessen the appalling distress to my family if I'm charged. And if I'm NFA'd (which I really, really hope will happen) he'll presumably still be entitled to his compensation money and there will be no deterrent to him making more allegations about me or others in the future next time he wants attention, money or to justify whatever he's done to end up being sectioned.

He doesn't have kids, however someone who does have kids and is feckless and immoral enough to make a false allegation of a sex crime against someone is surely in some way or another a danger to those kids and the worst possible role model in any case.
            Last edited by 123zyx; 13 January 2015, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 123zyx View Post
              My FA was detained in a mental hospital after doing something very extreme when he made the allegations - this doesn't lessen the impact on me nor does it lessen the appalling distress to my family if I'm charged. And if I'm NFA'd (which I really, really hope will happen) he'll presumably still be entitled to his compensation money and there will be no deterrent to him making more allegations about me or others in the future next time he wants attention, money or to justify whatever he's done to end up being sectioned.
              How can he be entitled to compensation?

Comment

I agree with you. My heart goes out to you and I truly hope you get the NFA soon.

I also believe my son's accuser did it for compensation money.

Xx

Comment

I'm actually trying to justify my accuser here!!! In spite of what I'm going through I wouldn't want her to go through the same torture and risk losing her kids etc.

Comment

I'm actually trying to justify accuser here!!! In spite of what I'm going through I wouldn't want her to go through the same torture.
                    Your view is very selfless. Bless you.

Sadly I am not of the same mind. I do, however, accept we all are entitled to our different opinions and I respect yours.

Xx

Comment

How can he be entitled to compensation?
                      Apparently they can get it even if no charges are brought. Other posters know more about this, but it's somewhere around £30k.

Comment

Apparently they can get it even if no charges are brought. Other posters know more about this, but it's somewhere around £30k.
                        And this includes sexual offences? Not just violence, burglary, stolen vehicle etc?

Comment

And this includes sexual offences? Not just violence, burglary, stolen vehicle etc?
                          From what I've read here and on another forum, I think so, yes.

Not that any 'offence' has ever been committed, except perhaps on the part of the FA either wasting police time at best or attempting to pervert the course of justice at worst...

Comment

Taken this from www.rape crisis.org website -
                            HOMEABOUT USNEWSRESOURCESVOLUNTEERINGSUPPORT USCONTACT
                            information
                            RAPE & SEXUAL VIOLENCE
                            CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE
                            GETTING HELP
                            REPORTING RAPE
                            Police procedure
                            Reporting rape abroad
                            Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARCs)
                            Compensation
                            GIVING SUPPORT
                            COUNSELLING
                            MYTHS & REALITIES
                            STUDENT INFORMATION
                            RAPE CRISIS NATIONAL SERVICE STANDARDS
                            Rape Crisis London
                            Rape Crisis Scotland
                            Rape Crisis Network Ireland
                            Rape Crisis Network Europe
                            reporting rape -> Compensation
                            criminal injuries compensation
                            There is a scheme from the government for anyone who has suffered physical or mental injury as a result of a criminal offence.

Everyone has the right to apply although not everyone is awarded a payment. Time limits, whether you reported the assault, long term effects, and the circumstances of your case are all contributing factors to how a decision to pay compensation to a victim will be made.

Publicity was given in 2008 to a number of cases where some women who had been raped had their compensation reduced by 25 per cent because they had been drinking. In the recently published Stern Review, they note the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority's current policy that applicants ‘who suffer a sexual assault while under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be eligible for a full award, if all other eligibility criteria are satisfied'. http://www.equalities.gov.uk/PDF/Ste..._acc_FINAL.pdf

Compensation can sometimes be awarded even if the abuser was not successfully prosecuted. Monetary compensation cannot undo the effects of rape and sexual assault, however it can be viewed as a form of justice and a way of society acknowledging what happened - whether the abuser is punished or not.

Shocking in my opinion. Goes some way towards explaining why so many women falsely accuse..... (I know not everyone who falsely accuses is for this reason but...)

Comment

Taken this from www.rape crisis. org website
                              There is a scheme from the government for anyone who has suffered physical or mental injury as a result of a criminal offence.

Everyone has the right to apply although not everyone is awarded a payment. Time limits, whether you reported the assault, long term effects, and the circumstances of your case are all contributing factors to how a decision to pay compensation to a victim will be made.

Publicity was given in 2008 to a number of cases where some women who had been raped had their compensation reduced by 25 per cent because they had been drinking. In the recently published Stern Review, they note the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority's current policy that applicants ‘who suffer a sexual assault while under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be eligible for a full award, if all other eligibility criteria are satisfied'. http://www.equalities.gov.uk/PDF/Ste..._acc_FINAL.pdf

Compensation can sometimes be awarded even if the abuser was not successfully prosecuted. Monetary compensation cannot undo the effects of rape and sexual assault, however it can be viewed as a form of justice and a way of society acknowledging what happened - whether the abuser is punished or not.

Shocking in my opinion. Goes some way towards explaining why so many women falsely accuse..... (I know not everyone who falsely accuses is for this reason but...)

Comment

Given my accuser is in much debt I think I may mention this to my legal team. Of course it depends on whether they are allowed to look at this kind of information and use it as evidence, along with her history of other deceit.

Comment

Working...
                                X