Employment Issues after being falsley Accused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Issues after being falsley Accused

In 2011 I was falsely accused of raping 2 alleged 15 year old boys. After 2 years of hell, as my previous posts said - I was found not guilty on all counts This followed the judge directing the Jury to find me not guilty on all the charges of them being underage - as the CPS "have not presented any evidence to suggest they were under the legal age"!

Anyway - I am not dealing with the aftermath, like many people on this website. I worked for the NHS but not directly with patients and when I was first arrested I was suspended, which I accepted. As soon as I was charged and the local press reported the charges I was sacked. It appeared to be a Kangaroo Court held my senior managers who presented a 1 side of A4 report merely with a list of offences - I had not been interviews, was not given the required amount of notice and was sacked immediately without my 3 months’ notice period - after 24 years faithful service.

I am going to a Tribunal later this month but I was wondering How others in my position - accused or Rape, have been treated by their employers? It is my intension to present to the Tribunal that I was wrongfully dismissed and that this was because I was treated unfairly due to sexual orientation discrimination. (I am gay but work only found out once I was charged).

These allegations did not come from anything I had done - they came from 2 people that stated they wanted "compensation”. I could not be responsible to these allegations and so was not a result of any "behaviour or Act" I had committed. I was found not guilty but work treated me as if I was guilty before the court had sat.

It has always been my experience in the NHS that staff are suspended until the outcome of the court case - and therefore because I was treated differently I hope I can assume it is because I am gay.

How have others been treated by their workplaces? Any information would be gratefully received?

In my position I was working for a different company when I was arrested/charged etc, but moved to work for a close friend (and previous work contact who headhunted me). I had been charged by the time I moved but didnt mention to the new employer. Looking back, I naively thought it would all drop, but it didnt and subsequently went to trial and got a NG. I told my current employer, of which I play a pivotal role in a small business, a few days before my trial started and they were nothing but supportive. Initial reaction was "what a load of rubbish, we dont believe it for a second" and rightfully so.

One of the company directors, I have known for eight years and he actually stood for me as a character witness. All helped and life has now got back to normal.

I think it depends largely on the employer, but I have to say, working in a Public Sector role probably doesnt give you much slack, and as you have stated, working for the NHS, even more so.

Disgusting how someone can falsely assuse you and 24years of work and effort goes down the pan.

Good luck in your tribunal, I hope the outcome is positive.

Comment

Working...
    X