Working holiday visa australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working holiday visa australia

Hi all, it's been a while but thought I would come back for some advice. My case was thrown out in 2011 due to my accuser lying in court. Will the fact that I was charged affect my application for a working holiday visa in oz?

Originally posted by Lee2312 View Post
    Hi all, it's been a while but thought I would come back for some advice. My case was thrown out in 2011 due to my accuser lying in court. Will the fact that I was charged affect my application for a working holiday visa in oz?
    Hi Lee - I'm not sure what the exact regulations for Australia is - I think it's similar to the USA. The best thing is to try and find the info on the Australian Embassy site of phone them.
    Presumably you got an aquital? If so did you get a certificate from the court or anything in paper giving your exact position? If not you can write to the court concerned asking for a certificate giving the outcome (you have to give your reason for wanting it). This will be proof your exact situation.

You can also get a transcription of the hearing or part of it. This is normally done by a private company which the court should be able to put you in touch with. You will have to pay for this and it's quite expensive, but as I said, you can just ask for the part where the judge decides to throw it out giving his reasons.

If you do find out the exact requirements and procedures for Australia, would you come back and let us know? This will help other members who may wish to go.

All the best,
    WGO

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I dont have a certificate or anything. It asks on the application forms if you have any convictions spent or unspent. I have a criminal damage conviction from when i was 18 which i declared because i thought it better to be honest.

The trst for the australian visa is the character test which i think i pass as i dont have a "substantial" criminal record.

I have now waited 3 days an im worried this stupid charge may have an effect!

Anybody get any experience/advice?

Comment

Hi all, my visa was granted! It just shows honesty is the best policy! Please check out my story all. There is hope!!!!

Comment

That's great news - have a wonderful time
          "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Working...
          X