Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter claiming - Defamation of character after NFA

Hi folks,

Just been thinking and was hoping to hear from experienced people.

I was arrested for a few things (none what I did) all false allegations, my only crime was being foolish and kind to dodgy people.

After being NFA'd, the line is insufficient evidence. Is there any chance of pursuing them SUCCESSFULLY, for defamation of character or something.

I am no angel but have not committed any of the crimes I was arrested for.

I was thinking of contacting no win, no fee solicitors. I am angry and when I see all this stuff on the media these days, I know that some of these getting accused will pursue counter claims afterwards, kind of like how that politician guy did to the BBC and ITV after he was wrongly revealed on ITV talk show.

There should be more of a deterrent to wrongly accuse people, at the moment, flavor of the month seems to say, "Bless her/him, poor thing has said that, we must investigate" when really they have their own hidden motives, whether personal grievance, money, messed up in the head.

We must start fighting back with a deterrent.

Please I need straight talking answers on this one; if it is a waste of energy, time and emotion I need telling; counter claims and innocence seem to be just as hard to prove as actual real guilt without evidence.

All I have against my accusers are 3, nothing to hide, honest police interviews and a day in court for a not guilty verdict against one of the accusers who didn't turn up for a common assault case with 2 witness statements which didn't add up and pictures of injuries which were I can only guess self inflicted by a medically proven self harmer and severe mental issues and a proven alcoholic lay about witness.

I will not fight a losing battle but if there is a chance I will pursue.
    Last edited by JamieG; 8 December 2012, 06:36 AM.

All strength to your bow Jamie and I would be pleased to see a result, but bearing in mind that you are suing them for loss, do your accusers have assets that could be seized to pay you compensation if you win? Or will it be a notational £5 a month from their benefits?

My experience of false accusers is that they are usually on the edge, goes with the territory I guess!

For this reason I fear that the no-win no-fee firms won't be interested, they prefer dealing with institutions who have insurance or a contingency fund to cover pay-outs for such claims thus securing an instant juicy percentage for them.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
      All strength to your bow Jamie and I would be pleased to see a result, but bearing in mind that you are suing them for loss, do your accusers have assets that could be seized to pay you compensation if you win? Or will it be a notational £5 a month from their benefits?

My experience of false accusers is that they are usually on the edge, goes with the territory I guess!

For this reason I fear that the no-win no-fee firms won't be interested, they prefer dealing with institutions who have insurance or a contingency fund to cover pay-outs for such claims thus securing an instant juicy percentage for them.
      True, but I am seriously considering finding away for the whole principal of it. And £5 a month for someone who can't afford electric for their flat is a lot.

Comment

I'm working on similar lines. I realised early on that everyone involved in the accusation side has sod all money and nothing to loose... Funny that!

My ideas centre around going after the Police Force and the Crown Prosecution Service. Also, strangely, potentially the court that granted bail. Maybe even the government!

If I ever get time to start reading and understanding things again then I will of course share it with all on here.

Everything must first be put forward in a professional letter from what I'm led to believe. To give the other party opportunity to remedy. Things can then be escalated. I'm going 'fishing' first for info which I will then use to mount a claim.

A no win/no fee lawyer most likely wouldn't be interested in your claim Jamie, they like nice easy cash generators......

All it really takes is for ONE person to explore all avenues, find the weak point, successfully argue it in court and BANG, claims galore! It CAN be done, anything can be done. Once one person is successful the floodgates will be opened and the politicians will need to do something to remedy the draconian situation that has manifested itself into the situation where a lot of people presently find themselves with regards to false accusations.

I'm going to have a stab at it. Need to keep it simple though so that if I succeed others will too!
        Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Originally posted by lawlessone2009 View Post

All it really takes is for ONE person to explore all avenues, find the weak point, successfully argue it in court and BANG, claims galore! It CAN be done, anything can be done. Once one person is successful the floodgates will be opened and the politicians will need to do something to remedy the draconian situation that has manifested itself into the situation where a lot of people presently find themselves with regards to false accusations.
          Very well argued and put L1; I was hoping that the Lord McAlpine case might be such a wedge that you write of, he having sufficient cash and an on-board legal team to remedy his injustice.

Hopefully it still might happen, no doubt the wheels are turning in the background but the media won't be interested until/unless a court case transpires.
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Very well argued and put L1; I was hoping that the Lord McAlpine case might be such a wedge that you write of, he having sufficient cash and an on-board legal team to remedy his injustice.

Hopefully it still might happen, no doubt the wheels are turning in the background but the media won't be interested until/unless a court case transpires.
            I think the comming year is going to be interesting, some big name's have been arrested, I wonder how it's all going to pan out.

I understand where you are comming from Jamie, but suspect L1 is right about the no win/no fee people.

Have you thought about a one of appointment with a Solicitor, to run everything past them and get a legal view?

Comment

Yeah... I am following a lot of stories just now...

Equilibrium will happen... The system is just too screwed up just now to continue on its current path, they're wanting to make it EASIER to convict innocent people! I know they need to catch the guilty but, hell, they've already got the tools to do that!

Comment

I think it's going to get worst before it gets better in alot of domains. Did you see the massive task force sent out to arrest 5 people in a Brick Lane club? 175 police officers, special 'intelligence' unit , umpteen cars, a helicopter, dog units - all to arrest 5 people on suspicion of posessing class A drugs? Now I'm not pro class A drugs in any way, but.... how many people were in that club just enjoying themselves, NOT doing drugs and had to go through this ordeal? Do people really need to have the police in their face in this way? Don't they have intelligent , subtle methods using 1 plod and not 20? Is this what the populus really want? How much did that little lot cost at a time when people are going hungry and cuts are being made all over the place.
                Could it be that they are getting a bit too big for ther boots and out of control?

Comment

Well said,, WGO! The police just want to be seen doing the right thing (regardless of cost), rather than ACTUALLY doing the right thing!

Comment

Originally posted by whatsgoingon? View Post
                    I think it's going to get worst before it gets better in alot of domains. Did you see the massive task force sent out to arrest 5 people in a Brick Lane club? 175 police officers, special 'intelligence' unit , umpteen cars, a helicopter, dog units - all to arrest 5 people on suspicion of posessing class A drugs? Now I'm not pro class A drugs in any way, but.... how many people were in that club just enjoying themselves, NOT doing drugs and had to go through this ordeal? Do people really need to have the police in their face in this way? Don't they have intelligent , subtle methods using 1 plod and not 20? Is this what the populus really want? How much did that little lot cost at a time when people are going hungry and cuts are being made all over the place.
                    Could it be that they are getting a bit too big for ther boots and out of control?
                    The more draconian the authorities become the more lawless the population become. In order to have the same impact that a couple of REAL cops had in the olden days they now need to go in mod handed and really enforce themselves just to have the same impact.

'Authority' is crumbling and it's being made a mockery off by the over use of legislative powers in order to attempt to socially engineer the population. It's not working but rather than change the policy they simply keep adding to it.

All in my opinion of course.......

Comment

Working...
                    X