Sugar... I really am ignorant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar... I really am ignorant...

Well, nearly a year since the allegation against me and what a hellish year it's been!

I was out this evening with my fiancee, her brother and her friend. I didn't really want to be out but it was kind of arranged. First night out I've had since the accusation.

Suppose a bit of background eh?

City centre pub, karaoke night, reasonably quiet but busy enough.

I was dressed like an old man as usual...

So, we're all in there having a few drinks. Me less than others. Fiancees friend has a bit too much to drink! Drinks someone elses drink and 'click' falling all over the place...

My partner and her are reasonably regulars in the place so not much issue. Closing time we all leave and start walking along the street. Partners friend (from here on in referred to as 'A') is clearly out of it. I pop over road and get some cigarettes whilst she is left with bro and partner to get some fresh air. Come back and she's still not good but not bad so we turn the corner and head for the taxi rank which is up a long(ish) street.

At this point I would like to draw your attention to an Evening Times article:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/c...4269n.19079364

(you'll not be able to read the full article without signing in!)

I read this article and WRONGLY (due to my personal circumstances!!!) made a lot of assumptions. I read it completely negatively and assumed an over reaction.

Well... Upon turning that corner we were greeted by the 'Street Pastors' who were very nice, concerned and asked a few questions. They handed out little flip flops, some advice and let us carry on our way. VERY VERY nice people and I really cannot thank them enough.

At this point we became aware of a 'man' hanging around. He followed us up the street a little before bumming a cigarette. I know how it is to not have a smoke and duly handed him one. He kept hanging around. He needed a light... He kept hanging around, my partners brother told him to F off. He kinda did but persisted in hanging around. I immediately became very concerned.

Not being intoxicated I monitored the guys behaviour, body language and persistence. I was alarmed.

My partners brother persisted in telling him where to go but to no avail.

I was busy trying to spot some Police Officers.

It continued right to the top of the street whereby I spotted two Officers and quickly left the group and caught up with them. I attempted to explain my concerns and the Officers listened. I felt as if I had to justify myself and make clear that I wasn't a drunk weirdo BUT the Officers WERE on the ball, just me being a little over analytical!

It was agreed that I would walk back (it 'looked' as if I had left the group indicating to the guy that there was only one male left to leave before he could pounce!) and indicate to the Officers who the male was. I needn't have bothered! The guy was already causing a commotion in the queue. I made clear to the Officers that it was the same guy and they promptly stopped and began questioning him.

The female Officer took my partners details and indicated that she'd be sending the 'guy' on his way out of the city centre for the evening. She asked if we wanted any other action taken but we were desperate simply to get home as it was freezing.

I, personally, didn't want to give any details and am thankful that I wasn't asked. It may seem strange but with the allegation against me I didn't want the Police to start asking questions about me!!!!!!!!

I am hoping that the 'guy' was eventually lifted this evening as I genuinely believe that he WILL commit a crime against a female either tonight or in the future. I am, strangely, happy that he has been brought to the attention of the Police and his details taken. I am thankful for the Street Pastors. I am, strangely, thankful for the focus on sexual offences at the moment. I shouldn't be by all rights due to the allegation against myself, I should be burning up with resentment and hatred BUT what I realised tonight is that there are genuine predators out there and that what I always say is an 'over reaction' by the law could very well be a balanced reaction.

Tonights situation was truly an eye opener to me. I never imagined that these types of things actually happened. I've never experienced them before.

I also believe that if it wasn't for the false allegation against myself then I wouldn't have been so quick and instinctive thinking and what was an annoying situation could have simply resulted in a violent assault against he guy (him, strangely, becoming the VICTIM) and some arrests being made. He would never have come to the attention of the Police as a potential threat to women!

Anyway... Tonights change of 'saying'...

It doesn't take one to know one..... It takes someone with experience, either willfully gained or otherwise, to identify one!
    Wow... A signature option!

Good Morning L1,

On a serious note, I'm pleased that you felt able to relax and go out for the evening & sorry it turned a little bit sour for you all.

On a non-serious note, in order that other members may be able to offer you sound and relevant advice can you clarify:

(a) Did the obnoxious bummer appear to lust after you or was it your partner? (or indeed her brother or her friend? Or all of you!)

(b) What on earth is the use of flip flops (presumably you meant as in beach wear rather than some sort of Scottish artefact) on a cold and raw November's night in Glasgow city centre
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

CS - the flip flops are to replace of shoes with heels - I don't think Lawless was wearing them!
      And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
        Good Morning L1,

On a serious note, I'm pleased that you felt able to relax and go out for the evening & sorry it turned a little bit sour for you all.

On a non-serious note, in order that other members may be able to offer you sound and relevant advice can you clarify:

(a) Did the obnoxious bummer appear to lust after you or was it your partner? (or indeed her brother or her friend? Or all of you!)

(b) What on earth is the use of flip flops (presumably you meant as in beach wear rather than some sort of Scottish artefact) on a cold and raw November's night in Glasgow city centre

He was not really 'lusting' more wanting to hang around and obviously either go home with a random female or drag one into an alley. There was nothing innocent about him, it was rather sick... He was after the majorly drunk friend of my partner and didn't seem to be put off by the presence of males even when he was told to sling his hook. We've been discussing it and are not too sure whether her drink was spiked as one minute she was happy drunk and the next minute she was all over the place. Guy seemed to come from the same pub too...

Flip flops are to replace those heels as RFLH mentions. They're not to keep your feet warm but simply to protect bare feet from broken glass and other stuff.

I'm not really needing advice as such, just thought I would share the info with everyone to show how easy it is to fall foul of weirdos in pubs/streets. I've never before in my life experienced anything like this situation although maybe before I was just too 'ignorant' to have seen it. My own personal experiences have now made me more aware and hopefully the result is that a genuine predator now becomes known to Police. I was apprehensive to approach the Police due to my own circumstances but I am happy that I did. Guy may have been completely innocent and simply really drunk but even then someone less tolerant would've knocked hell out him so it could be taken that we were indirectly protecting him also...

Guy definitely was not innocent though. Everyone has chanced their arm chatting up a drunk lady in their younger days (my opinion) but when it's made clear that she is not interested or her friends turn up and tell you to piss off then generally a little 'awkwardness' kicks in and you scarper... The guy when far beyond that, it was just sooooo weird.

Comment

sad thing is - if you'd have been drinking heavily too then you may not have taken as much notice as you did and something awful may have happened.

Goes to show that having a non-drinker in the group can protect those whose guard has been lowered.
          And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Originally posted by RFLH View Post
            sad thing is - if you'd have been drinking heavily too then you may not have taken as much notice as you did and something awful may have happened.

Goes to show that having a non-drinker in the group can protect those whose guard has been lowered.
            I quite agree with that.

Maybe if I had been drinking heavily though I'd simply have knocked the guy out...

Found the site last night for the Street Pastors and forgot to include it in my posting:

http://www.streetpastors.co.uk/Home/...5/Default.aspx

Amazing the amount of highly visible people who are now working in and around the city centre. Times are a changing...

Comment

Hi

I Vaguely remember you saying you " don't do normal". Hope you had a nice night

I wouldn't mind some flips flops, if you have spare pair.

Comment

Flip-flops for me too please! Could do with dreams of golden beaches is fareaway lands! What you described is what probably most women are aware of. That's one of the things I feel makes it so difficult as a woman close to a FA - you know it goes on but you can't understand why someone would ever want to make it up.

Comment

Please ,I beg you ,stop talking about flip flops.

I need holidays:

Well done Lawlessone.
                  In a way I have the feeling it was self protection.
                  You know as much as me that if any incident would occur around "us",we would be the prime suspect.

All the best.
                  Last edited by Boys don't cry; 5 November 2012, 11:34 PM.
                  Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Originally posted by Boys don't cry View Post

You know as much as me that if any incident would occur around "us",we would be the prime suspect.

All the best.
                    Yeah... I've already fallen foul to that one! No more 'incidents' happening anywhere near me!!! LoL...

All the best right back at you...

I'm off to turn the heating up and get my flippers out!

Comment

what you get up to in the privacy of your own home ...............

Comment

Yeah... I'll not even mention the self contained dungeon I custom dug out in my basement, just in case someone hears about it...

Comment

Working...
                        X