What to do afterwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do afterwards

Hi everyone, I have not been here for a long time.

My bail for false sexual allegations was NFAd in February leaving just a common assault false allegation.

I went to court on monday to fight this false allegation to find that the complainant had pulled her statement and the faked witness couldn't be found.

Since I spoke last I have found a really good job I love, a nice house to live in and some new friends. I have the makings of a happy life again.

Do I quit whilst I am ahead or do I talk to my solicitor about counter claims? There is no evidence for the allegations but equally it is hard to prove they didn't happen as even the common assault claim was dismissed. I don't want these people getting away with terrorism; but I am slowly but surly moving on.

I understand that there are many people on here under great strain of which I have full empathy for and I also realise that a lot of you will be really happy to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel but will want these people to pay. So bearing all emotions in mind can I please have level headed answers as I know ALL ON HEAR WILL HAVE HEARTS WHICH WANT ME TO GET THEM BACK. I am asking can I? Is it worth the hassle?

My advice to everyone on hear is, please remain positive. And, thank you everybody for helping me through some really dark and scary times. Thank you all so much xxx

Hi Jamie,

Good to hear from you and I'm glad your worries are all behind you now.

Revenge would be sweet (and why should she get away with lying?) but consider this:

The police/cps are unlikely to take any action themselves unless she is a serial accuser or has actually admitted lying.

You could sue her for loss/distress but (a) you would have to fund the legal costs yourself with no guarantee of winning or getting your costs back, and (b) does she have any assets to claim against if you did win the case. If not you will be awarded a few £'s a week out of her wages or benefits.

Sorry that I can't give a more optimistic reply but I do believe in karma and 'what goes around comes around'.

I am really pleased that your life is going well for you again.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Casehardened.

You are right. That's the type of answer I wanted. It is just a futile thing trying to get them back and my revenge should just be getting on with my life and doing well.

It was horrible and I am still a little rickety but a million times better than I was when I first introduced myself and getting stronger by the day.

Thanks for listening to me when times were just hell. I actually think you people played a big part in getting me through my darkest times.

I won't be on hear much any more but overall you are all very important and helpful people who help people when they really need it.

Comment

Originally posted by JamieG View Post
        It is just a futile thing trying to get them back and my revenge should just be getting on with my life and doing well.
        Great, that's the attitude to take.

Many thanks for your kind words re. the forum and the members on here (including yourself of course.....as I recollect, you have also helped others with advice and humour)
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Jamie, I echo Casehardened's sentiments.

And bear in mind this. She tried to destroy you and failed. You now have a happy life ahead of you...go and live it; what better revenge can there be?

Karma will see to her in time. You concentrate on yourself now and focus on the important things in life. She is not worth your time and effort.

Take care.
          "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Originally posted by JamieG View Post
            Thanks Casehardened.

You are right. That's the type of answer I wanted.My revenge should just be getting on with my life and doing well.

Thanks for listening to me when times were just hell. I actually think you people played a big part in getting me through my darkest times.

I won't be on hear much any more but overall you are all very important and helpful people who help people when they really need it.
            I am really happy for you JamieG.Don't know why but your name reminds me of The Clash:Jimmy Jazz.
            Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Working...
            X