Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Petition

http://www.change.org/petitions/hous...alleged-victim

This is my petition. Sorry I have not been around but it has been incredibly difficult over the last few weeks. Anyway, in the depth of despair I suddenly became angered and determined that this horror was not to be in vain. We need a change in the law. I would really like this to be made a sticky thread to keep up the momentum but I realise that's the choice of admin. Please sign the petition. Distribute as you will. Facebook/Twitter/Email listings. We need to make a stand and stop crying about our situation. The nightmare is as it is. But making a stance and changing the law for me is the way forward.

Thank you all for supporting me and Taf when we needed it. Fact is, we spiralled into despair and couldn't bear to share how we felt.

Also, I have done a blog. (Needs updating) Hopefully, peace permitting, I can develop it more.

http://nosmokewithoutfire.weebly.com/

Hope you are all ok! Stay strong sisters and brothers. We are not alone! Unfortunately.

Well done for being pro-active.

I have signed the petition and will ask my friends etc to sign it.

Comment

signed ..........

Comment

I would sign it, but asking for anonymity until charge does not go nearly far enough.

All that will happen is that charging with rape will be routine, and the charge will be dropped at a later time. Ergo, no gains will be made.

Had this been a petition asking for anonymity until trial, then count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by LS View Post
          I would sign it, but asking for anonymity until charge does not go nearly far enough.

All that will happen is that charging with rape will be routine, and the charge will be dropped at a later time. Ergo, no gains will be made.

Had this been a petition asking for anonymity until trial, then count me in.
          No, anonymity until conviction obviously! Silly boy

I will link you to my blog when I have typed up the full details of the campaign. The site I am using only gives you so many characters. So NOW you can sign! I only need 99,946 signatures to take this to the Houses of Parliament.

Comment

Your petition quite clearly states "we believe that it is only fair that a man should be given anonymity until he has been charged with rape."

So arrest happens on day 1. Day two he is charged with rape. 290 days later the charge is dropped and NFA issued. Damage is done.
            I believe that is Love-Fifteen.

Comment

Your petition quite clearly states "we believe that it is only fair that a man should be given anonymity until he has been charged with rape."

So arrest happens on day 1. Day two he is charged with rape. 290 days later the charge is dropped and NFA issued. Damage is done.
              I believe that is Love-Fifteen.
              Well spotted and amended. Anyway, in terms of the campaign and what will happen. Just so we are all clear on my intentions.

I have the support of Lord Campbell Savours (Google him and his story, VERY INTERESTING) Anyway, anonymity for men accused of rape was meant to have been passed but it was blocked by women MP's. I need 100,000 signatures to take the matter to debate again. I have twelve months to do so, but intend to get it done a lot quicker than that but I currently have a few writing deadlines to complete so full footslogging and raising awareness on a full time basis can't begin till the beginning of June. In the meantime, I need to use Facebook and Twitter to my full advantage but I am **** with stuff like that. So anyone who can help in this direction, I would really appreciate it.

I am aware that this is an highly emotive subject particularly for the women who have genuinely been raped so I am keen to express that women who falsely allege the crime to the genuine victims an injustice. Real victims find it hard enough to come forward as it is. So I emailed a rape charity to get their views. Their full reply will be on my blog. (Will link you later, I need to update it with so much stuff) But in terms of false rape allegations? This is what they said:

""We would say though that it is not our experience or understanding that
              false reporting of rape is anywhere near 'epidemic' proportions. False
              reporting rates for rape are in fact believed to be no different from
              false reporting rates for any other crime, that is around 6%."

Oh that's ok then.

They go on to say:

"As an organisation dedicated to women and girls whose lives have been
              affected by sexual violence, Rape Crisis is committed to protecting rape
              complainants' existing legal right to lifelong anonymity. Defendants in
              rape cases are not a main focus of our work. Nonetheless, we would be
              concerned if those accused of rape were granted anonymity when defendants
              in other cases, such as murder or grievous bodily harm, were not."

Well, someone who is murdered can hardly tell a lie can they? I doubt police charge people with murder without STRONG evidence. All a woman has to say is she has been raped and the man is automatically arrested. As for GBH there would be physical evidence surely?

I need to set up an organisation then that is dedicated to men and THEIR FAMILIES whose lives have been ruined by a false rape accusation. An organisation that also has the sensitivity to realise that their are real rape victims and we would not undermine them as the men falsely accused and the effects on their lives have been quite clearly undermined Rape Crisis.

LIVID is not the word. I wonder how you all feel about being in the minute 6%?

Also, a genuine rape victim signed my petition and sent me this email. She is just eighteen years old.

False rape claims carry absolutely no logic at all other than shameful attention seeking. Victims of rape are being made a mockery of and the whole ordeal is made a joke of. Having been through this myself on a few occasions tried to take my own life, then going through therapy and dealing with depression it makes me feel physically sick that someone would even do it, like its nothing at all. Its a real act of selfishness and dragging somebodys name through the mud for no reason at all is terrible. The falsely accused are the real victims. I signed your petition with no qualms whatsover. Good Luck

Comment

It is still showing that you are only asking for anonymity until charging.

Comment

It is still showing that you are only asking for anonymity until charging.
                  http://www.change.org/petitions/hous...e_button_modal

I think you will find it has been amended. I am not arguing with you any further. I think in my last post I have outlined the aims and also shown a little of the work I have done already along with the work I intend to do in the future. If this is not good enough so be it. Fact is someone should have been more pro active before now. I am proud that I am that person.

Take that as you will. Oh that link was just taken fresh off Facebook where a debate on the subject is taking place on my page right now.

Comment

No it hasn't. Under "About this petition" is the following:

"In a world where false rape allegations seems to be on the increase we believe that it is only fair that a man should be given anonymity until he has been charged with rape. Countless of men have been falsely accused of rape and have been left with their lives in ruins. It needs to stop now. Please sign our petition and help us to indeed uphold the vow that people are innocent until proven guilty."

I am not arguing with you, merely pointing out that you said it was amended, and it clearly hasn't been. It is not my problem if you cannot understand what is being said to you.

You're also not the first to e-petition asking for anonymity until charge. Like the others, asking for what you are, will not afford you the comfort zone you think it will give. As pointed out above, the goalposts will move.

But if you think asking for half an inch will give you a mile......

You need to e-petition for a mile to gain half an inch. That's the way it works in politics here.
                    When you've been a pawn in the political game of chess you'll understand why you cannot apply fair rules if you expect to get anywhere.

It's also a given that if you are asking for signatures under a falsehood or an error that you won't compute, heed, or understand, then this thread should be closed. Think carefully.
                    Last edited by LS; 10 May 2012, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tiftaf View Post
                      Fact is someone should have been more pro active before now. I am proud that I am that person..
                      Sorry to rain on your parade a little as I am fully behind anyone who wants to make a difference, but you are far from the first person to be pro-active. Campaigns are ongoing, organisations exist (some of which you have been invited to and have chosen not to join, which is absolutely fine) and there are many people fighting this cause.

At the moment, you have some drive and passion for it...I think you are underestimating how difficult it is
                      Just because you haven't heard about it, it doesn't mean campaigning (including many many petitions) doesn't happen. You will frustratingly find that out when you discover that your own efforts don't attract the attention and publicity that you desire.

I whole heartedly commend you for your efforts. Don't belittle what others are doing though. It may be more beneficial to the cause for you to actually join with existing efforts rather than setting up from scratch, unless of course it is your main focus to have the pride that you are 'that pro-active person'
                      "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

I am a bit late on this one and should look a bit further away than "falsely accused of rape".

I am 100% with LS.

You should even keep anonymous until "Guilty or not guilty".
                        I was on a news website who didn't even have my adress correct as I never lived over there and one of my witness found out while I was in Court.
                        I was in front page of the local newspapers and discovered it by surprise and trust me,the accusator and the news embelish the whole story.
                        But once you are unanimously innocent you already don't exist anymore for them.

To stain your life and your reputation...we are here,call for free.
                        To say sorry...please leave a message after the tone.
                        Last edited by Boys don't cry; 7 July 2012, 02:58 PM.
                        Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Working...
                        X