The Sun's twisted version of events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sun's twisted version of events

In today's issue Anthony France goes to great lengths to claim that "9 out of 10 child sex offences go unpunished," and that 1 in 10 or "thousands of child sex offenders escape scot-free."
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...0-minutes.html

He neglects to say that just because an offence has been "reported" does not necessarily mean a valid event actually took place. We know that ourselves from false rape accusations how easy it is to falsely accuse; it doesn't always follow that the allegation is in any way the truth.
    Also, the age of the "children" in these "child sex offences" are often teenagers, and are very worldly-wise at twisting adults (particularly the police) into believing them. But the sun would have you believe that all child sex allegations are against five year olds. Of course, he had to post an accompanying picture of a 5-year old, because he'd like you to believe that is the (incorrect) age of most victims.

They claim there were 23,097 offences reported last year but only 2,135 resulted in a conviction. Could it be, Mr France, that that figure is so low because the vast majority of alleged offences were against teenagers?

Tellingly, ALSO in today's paper is a report of a 14-year old lad who filmed himself having sex with a 14-year old girl and posted it on Facebook. THERE, Mr France, is one child sex offence and it wasn't even committed by an adult.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-Facebook.html

As they are so keen to tar us all with the same brush, this matter is relevant to anyone FA'd, because articles like this one bring out the scum of the earth calling for medieval punishment, and it's not confined to "paedos."

Anthony France from The Sun, you may love to write the word paedo as many as EIGHT times in one tiny article, but I have one word that describes you totally:

WANKER

If anyone wants to write to the twat and tell him what they think, like I did, his email is a.france@the-sun.co.uk

People like that cnut really make my blood boil. I can't wait for that newspaper to get flushed away by the Murdochs.
    Last edited by LS; 4 April 2012, 10:47 PM.

I didn't read this but the BBC yesterday (April 4th) had a NSPCC spokesman on the Breakfast News program who was promoting the same set of 'facts'.

To be fair the producers usually get two opposing views on the settee, but I guess they couldn't find anyone willing to shoot him down, so it was left to the male presenter to draw out that the 'victims' were aged up to 17 (so presumably included in the statistics right up to the eve of their 18th birthday) and that a 1/3 of the 'abuse' was committed by 'children' under 18.

It seems a travesty and manipulation of statistics to include 16 and 17 year olds having consensual sex in this apparently shocking 400 a week figure but then I guess it wouldn't seem quite so shocking in terms of getting donations and funding.

Unfortunately the presenter hadn't been briefed on false accusations so didn't allude to these but he did fairly well on the 17/18 angle and put the NSPCC spokesman on the defensive in trying quite obviously to turn the interview back to underage abuse.

I am going to email a similar comment to Saturday's Newswatch but they have always ignored my comments in the past so won't hold my breath.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

What's even nicer is that yet another of the pies the Murdochs have got their fingers in has started to turn toxic.
      Sky News have now been accused of hacking into emails - one was John Darwin (the canoe/faked death guy) and a "suspected paedophile and his wife."
      Whatever/whoever next?
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17628600

The clock is ticking, one more step towards the closure of The Sun and anything else the Murdochs own.

Comment

Fingers crossed, LS...
        "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Working...
        X