Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Married Inside

Hi

I know [eople are going to think we are totally crazy but before all this mess my Partner who has been wrongly convicted of SO and I were about to get married. Well we have decided this is still something w want to do very much as why on earth should his insane Ex's lies stop us!

Anyway even though we intnd on doing it proprly when he gets out I know what he needs to staystrong in there is proof that I am not going to up and leave him. So basically what I am asking is Does anyone know what it costs to get married in Prison and also what route do w follow to do this, any help would be appreciated I have searched high and low on the net
    xx

In prison
    A marriage can take place in a prison as long as the prison authorities agree that the marriage can be performed there. This agreement must be in the form of a statement signed by the Prison Governor not more than 21 days before you give your notices of marriage. The person in prison must give their notice to the local Superintendent Registrar. As the registrar will normally have to visit the prison in order to take the notice, this will attract an additional statutory fee. The other party to the marriage will also have to give a notice to the registrar of the district in which they live. The marriage, which can be civil or religious, must take place within 3 months of giving the first notice.

Congratulations - this is a first for the forum!
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks I have been having a nightmare all that seems to appear in my searches were American information and news articles of Prison weddings. I know it isn't ideal but with the long stretch (6 years before eligible for parole 8 until auto release) he has ahead of him and the hard fight for appeal this will give him hope that all is not completely lost. He is having a hard time of it in there and longs for this. I don't care about big white fancy affair weddings aslong as it is to the man I love. The shame is it will probably be he will have to go straight back to his cell afterwards :'( xx

Comment

you can always renew your vows when he comes out - have the big 'do' then - something else to look forward to.
        And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

I saw an "inside" weddding once when I was visiting. obviously I didn't see the ceremony, but I saw the bride (who looked beautiful) and groom walking through the visitors' hall. It was absolutely lovely and made me smile.
          Go for it

Comment

Working...
          X