How did you get here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you get here?

Just an idea ive been mulling around. What do you guys think of making a sticky on how everyone ended up using this forum?
    We could all write a small piece on the circumstances that forced us to join a forum like this and give our personal stories. I think this would really benefit new users as they could use it to find a similar experience and use the username to look up all posts about that topic.
    Just an idea, what do you guys think?
    Laugh at your problems, everybody else does. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

I think it's a great idea Amre. A lot of people are frightened to post when they first come here, so they "lurk" for a while.
    What say the rest of you?

Comment

I'm in this mess because a friend of mine was put into prison by his 14 year old daughter in 2000. Fortunately for him he was released on appeal in 2001 having spent 9 months inside.

The police hid 53 pieces of evidence he had given to them and claimed he was lying Come the appeal the Crown asked the police for the evidence - they said that it had been "mislaid". How can one "mislay" something they have never been given. The Crown eventually managed to get hold of that evidence which supported what my friend had been saying all along - having been accused of lying about it at trial.

I could not believe how easy it was to put an innocent person into prison on the word of a spiteful brat.

At the time I joined a national group which is now defunct (now't to do with me!) and then started my own group (SOFAP) in 2002 and joined up with PAFAA late in 2004 after my serious illness that nearly saw me shuffling off to the clouds to play a harp.....

So this is why I am here. I was part of this group when it was known as Broadcaster. There was an unsavoury character on here who pretended to be a barrister and sometimes he said he was "training" to be a barrister. Other times he said he was a copper I think..............

Unfortunately this "job" attracts nutters and also those who try to make vast amounts of money from the suffering of the vulnerable falsely accused.

Most of my work is done on a voluntary basis.

NEXT!
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I've known RF for 13 years (yes it is that long!) from when I reunited families. I then had to call on her services when my ex was accused almost 9 years ago. I got involved with both sites and now mod.
        And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

I came here when my husband was falsely accused of rape. This was later downgraded to Indecent Assault after the accuser decided that she hadn't actually been raped. He was tried, convicted and sentenced.
          The trial was a complete farce. There was no corroborative evidence, merely the accuser's word. She lied and tripped herself up throughout her cross-examination. The trial lasted 2 and a half days; the judge spent almost an hour summing up and the jury returned their verdict in a matter of minutes.
          I think the judge knew the jury had got it wrong. The crown were pushing for a 3 year sentence and the judge gave him 12 months. He also ordered that hubby didn't have to sign the SOR, which is unheard of.
          This was in 2004. We still live in the same house, but hopefully not for much longer as we have finally decided to move. There are just too many ghosts here.

Comment

It's lovely down here Saffron!!

Comment

shush - she may want my bungalow ..........!
              And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

It's a brill bungalow! Lots of gardening space, chickens, ponds, big kitchen.......

Comment

keep pushing - no-one will notice!!

Comment

Really close to the town so easy for shopping. Massive Tesco close by. Bus stops outside the house.....Skeggy is a short train ride away.....

Comment

I am here because my partner was accused by a former stepdaughter from a past relationship. The accuser said it happened 14 to 17 years ago. The girl's family has history of false allegations and my partner has been witness to several of these. He has told me this before this situation was thrown upon us. We are waiting for our trial which is scheduled on May.

I am not British and this makes it more scary as I have to learn about the British justice system which is very different from my home country. UK for me was a land of dreams before this happened, I got a scholarship for my PhD, I met my partner and then moved in with him after a year, got a part time employment in university and we live simply and happily in a house near the beach and then one day last December the police came knocking on our door and then from then on our life is turned upside down. My dream has turned into a nightmare I think . But of course like any nightmare you have every chance of waking up! :-)

By the way I can help in the forum by answering questions from the process of being arrested, being bailed and rebailed and finally being charged to the point of waiting for the trial :-) That is all I know for now! :-)
                      Last edited by fighter; 9 January 2012, 06:30 PM.

Comment

I know your bungalow RFLH and it is lovely! Unfortunately wherever we move to has to be within a reasonable distance of my hubby's work in Oxfordshire...at the mo he's spending £70 a week on diesel....which is one of the reasons we are looking to move. It's got to the stage now where it would be cheaper for him to rent a room in a shared house during the week and come home for weekends. Unfortunately his job involves lots of weekend work, so that's not an option as we would never see him!

Fighter, I would just like to say that you have become a wonderful contributor to this forum. I am so sorry you are here, but very glad you are!

Comment

ah i feel like moving also . all with talks of moving.. but certainly after what happened you just want to find a new place which doesn't remind you of bad things!

Saffron, I can relate to that travelling to work. I work north of London and spend about 100 plus (room and train fare) every trip .. wahh..sometimes i also consider sharing a house. but i am only there for three days a week. I still want to live in my own house of course :-)

Comment

Im here because an ex parter made up a false rape accusation about me , after a number of months of bail my case was nfa d .
                            if it wasnt for this forum i would have gone out of my mind with worry , i hope i can helpsome one just a little when they find themselves in this situation .

Comment

Fighter, I wouldn't move until after the trial if I were you. That way, regardless of the outcome you can start again somewhere new.
                              A fresh start is what I need. My son started secondary school in September last year and hates it - he gets picked on. We need to be closer to R's work, and our youngest is only 5 and a complete Prima Donna, so hopefully moving schools won't be too tough for her. I feel haunted by horrible memories in this house.
                              Just been looking on Rightmove and have found a lovely, huge house about 30 mins closer to R's work which we could afford a pinch. I have emailed the agent to arrange a viewing this weekend!
                              Last edited by Saffron; 9 January 2012, 09:00 PM. Reason: adding

Comment

Working...
                              X