Financial situation after 3 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial situation after 3 months

its 3 month since my husband has been accused,last friday it was the first court hearing at the magistrates my husband has been charged with 2 counts of sexual assault one of them about 3 month ago the other by his then step daughter 18 years ago the magistrates tell us this is to serious to be dealt with it got to go to crown court we are both taxi drivers and due to the charge my husband was stopped from working i had to go on valiums because i cant handle the situation very well i believe my husband is inocent he has not touched his step daughter at the age of 14/16 i now only work on saturdays if i can get a car in september i am supposed to go back driving for schools again but i am not sure if i can .we both are classed as self employed so we cant get any help with our money problems/bills i am at my wits end i have not payed enough national insurance to get sickpay what am i going to do we are losing everything and its a nightmare

I'm sorry that I don't know enough to help you - but have a look at http://www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx and see if there is anything you can claim that you didn't know about.

Also it may be worth trying CAB too.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Money Worries

I am in a similar situation having been accused and been sacked from work before I have even been to court - so much for innocent until proven otherwise!

Anyway I have found the local CAB to be excellent - if you have debt that needs paying they can help negotiate reduced payments and will also advise on what benefits you both may be entitled to. At the moment while I am waiting a court appearance I have no hope of getting a job and therefore due to the stress am registered sick and therefore getting sickness benefit. Also if you have a mortgage you must contact them as soon as possible. I know its hard but my advice is that the best way to deal with it is to face the financial problems head on even though what you really want to do is throw all the brown envelopes in the bin!

Finally dealing with it will give you a focus away from the horrendous allegations!

Good luck

Comment

catfish

i have tried to get sick pay and been refused my husband used to work for BT and got made redundent about 11 years ago he had a state pension wich is now paying the morgage but that is the reason the DSS has given me why i am not entitled to benefits ,this morning i went to CAB and they told me the same because my husband gets a pension of £249 we are not entitled to help

Comment

got a question please

can the accuser change details after it has been in court? example date,times ecetera? now the situation has been in the local paper really scared

Comment

it may or may not - they may try to make out she is so traumatised that she was bound to get things muddled - but its usually a case of can't remember their own lies.

Make sure you point it out to your legal team.
            And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

traumatised after 18 years its historical she can remember where he supposed to touched her but not when?

Comment

I remember being "touched" by somebody and I remember where I was "touched", from the late 1960's to early 70's but I can't remember dates. It is not unusual to remember the act but not the circumstances surrounding it.

If the complainant has changed her version of events, then a good barrister should be able to tie her up in knots during cross-examination.
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

very grateful

thank you so muchfor the information

Comment

hope things get better for you both my prayers are with you both

Comment

situation as of this month

still no news solicitor cant find out if we are having legal aid or not still waiting, no job no money what are we to do? its causing me to wonder why is this happening to us been told if i move out of our home i get all the help i need but they want me to leave my husband! but i dont want to even it would be easier for me crying all the time arguing with my husband all the time being on each others back does not help much hes been to the doctor but got nothing to help him at this time ?

Comment

Originally posted by catfish View Post
                        still no news solicitor cant find out if we are having legal aid or not still waiting,

Legal Aid (now called Public Funding) is automatic for trials although you may have to contribute to it depending on your circumstnaces and which are of the Country you are in.....
                        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

working

I have found out that working a lot harder and smarter actully help with reality and it's good doing something keeps our mind occupied

Comment

Working...
                          X