No announcement yet.

Is truth stranger than fiction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The script writers obviously tried to include as many of the popular misconceptions as they could, including the statistic that 'only' 6% of reported rape cases result in a conviction (not mentioning that some of the 94% will have been FA's not taken to trial) and that it's always older man/young girl. Despite the actress playing the complaintant appearing to be only a couple of years younger than the actor playing the defendant there were several not-so-subtle references to school gates and books.

Once again the episode ended with the barrister only getting her brief for her next day's case the previous evening & then not looking at it; hopefully if/when she gets silk she'll have more preparation time
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I think the references to school gates, books etc were because the complainant was a teacher!

She answered back a lot, and when he was giving evidence she shouted out 3 times contradicting what he was saying and the judge didn't tell her to shut up once! I found the whole program an absolute farce and full of cliches. grrrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron View Post
        I think the references to school gates, books etc were because the complainant was a teacher!
        I guess there's a moral here for me about not jumping to conclusions
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

what is a FA ? i see it posted on the board a lot.

Comment

Falsely Accused.

Comment

Working...
            X