Eurovision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurovision

Well, yet another year and we well and truly took yet another drubbing. "Nul pwah", bottom of the pile, do not pass go, do not collect £200. We entered yet another donkey in the 3-legged horse race, and we still came last.
    The usual voting protocol prevailed, neighbours voting for each other. Although none of them were Abba-standard, most of the acts were ok, and some were dubious. Armenia were clearly influenced more by mammaries than melody when they chose their entry.
    Some entrants were well and truly astonishing (Lithuania, for example). Note to Lithuanian people - the bucks-fizz-dress-removing doesn't go down well on men, not outside the G-A-Y club anyway. Even 4 Poofs & a Piano, the backing band off Jonathon Ross's show, have more street cred (and vocal ability). But oddly, Lithuania's 2006 entry was a sure-fire winner, so they can do better.
    Congrats go to Germany for winning with their Avril Lavigne lookylikey/soundalikey. At least it wasn't (embarrassingly) Country & Western this year from them.
    As usual, back to the drawing board for UK, who can't seem to win a contest we should excel at.
    Last edited by LS; 30 May 2010, 02:04 PM.

I only saw bits of last night - but I did see the qualifying programmes - they were better cos that's where the really duff ones were and the commentator was better too!

So I think I'll watch those next year too, far more entertaining!

I like Belgium and hoped he'd win.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

I agree with the earlier program. Back when I last watched Eurovsion in 2006, they have a knockout vote to lose a few of the less-popular ones. Back then, the Iceland entry was a comedienne called Sylvia Knight with a parody song called Congratulations, which was far better than the Finnish entry which won it (Lordi, dressed up as fantasy creatures).
      Sometimes the semi-final is better than the actual programme itself.

Comment

don't knock Lordi! they were popular before eurovision (i can sing the whole of a song of theirs called "devil is a loser")
        "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Hmmmm.

Comment

Friday!! I admire your nerve for posting that.

I know a very strange story about the online Lordi group .........
            And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Graham Norton did a good job

Comment

Working...
              X