Thoughts on forum closure and my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on forum closure and my story

Apologies if this is the wrong area to post on, it wouldn’t let me put my comments under the forum closure, maybe because I’ve only ever posted once before who knows.

I would just like to thank everyone on here for there support and the time taken to give such good advice I’ve read many peoples stories and find it a great forum, it really helped me especially at the beginning, even though I didn’t post. I understand that the likes of Facebook groups are now the go too for support, I’m not one for Facebook but I do understand if you do decide to close.

my husband got falsely accused of rape in 2019, after a drunken one night stand with a girl from his work, where she said she was too drunk to consent. it didn’t get to court until early 2022 where unfortunately he was found guilty (in Scotland), and got 5.5 years. can’t fault his solicitor and barrister they did everything they could and were just as shocked as the rest of us when he got found guilty, said the jury clearly went with her crying. she had also taken cocaine which the judge wouldn’t allow as evidence and put on a hell of a performance with the crying, just a shame the jury couldn’t see through it, a he said/she said case which I would guess is like most rape cases.

it’s been just over a year since this happened and I want to let everyone know if we can get through this so can you, and sending you all so much love and support and hopefully you get the outcome you all deserve. It’s the hardest thing we’ve ever been through and pushing forward until hopefully he gets parole first time round in nov 2024..
    Last edited by Scj89; 4 April 2023, 12:16 AM.

Hello and a belated thanks for your thoughts on the possible closure of the forum.

I have just reread your original post in 2019 on your husband's situation and am so sorry to hear it did not go well for him. However the sentence was at the lower end of the spectrum so this suggests that, while the judge had to comply with the jury's verdict, he had some doubts. Did his barrister or solicitor offer any thoughts on an appeal?

It is so good that you are standing by him; this will help him endure the sentence.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
    X