Water painting as a method of coping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water painting as a method of coping

I started my adventure with watercolors when I was a few years old - probably like most kids. At first, it was fun, then a hobby, and now it's also my way of coping with stress and anxiety. I highly recommend giving it a try. And here are some tips from me for beginners.

Technique
    It is worth trying two ways of painting: wet on dry, which is the application of paint on the dry surface of the paper, and wet on wet, which is the application of paint on previously moistened paper.

Wet on wet - is ideal for creating backgrounds and painting landscapes. The advantage of this method is the free blending of color patches and gentle blurring. The second way - wet on dry - is good for layering colors.

Sketch
    Before starting to paint, you can make a sketch on a piece of paper, which will make it easier to work later. Such a drawing can be done with a pencil - it will be hardly visible after painting. Recently, watercolor pictures with a clear black outline have become very popular. You can do them with a thin marker or pencil, but choose one that is waterproof.

In my work, I start with a sketch, then fill in all the areas with color, and finally, when the paint is dry, correct the outline with a black marker.

Effects
    Excessive water and paint can be removed with a tissue. This will create lighter spots resembling clouds.

An equally interesting effect is created by scattered table salt, which in combination with paint creates interesting streaks. After it dries, remove the salt - just sweep with your hand or a dry brush.

----------------
    Philippa E.
    BizDb New Zealand
    Last edited by Peter1975; 3 February 2021, 11:01 AM. Reason: irrelevant link removed
Working...
X