Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police accuse prosecutors of 'raising bar' for rape cases after scandal over collapsed trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police accuse prosecutors of 'raising bar' for rape cases after scandal over collapsed trials

Hi All,

The following url refers -

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8615406.html

I have extracted the following relevant paragraph-

Senior police officers have accused prosecutors of “raising the bar” for evidence required to take rapists to court, following a scandal over collapsed cases.

The rape case against me collapsed because Surrey police officers would not tell me the date I allegedly raped my ex-wife.

I was not told the date of the alleged rape until a few days before the Crown Court hearing started 8 months after being arrested.

The judge at my trial went mad and started shouting when I said I had a broken thumb at the time of the alleged rape.

I was found not guilty on all 5 counts of rape.

The inexperienced Public Protection Police officer in charge of my case was demoted to a Community support officer shortly after the trial ended.

The real criminal was the Police appointed Defence Barrister who told me she was not interested in anything I had to say about the rape allegations against me.

If she had done her job correctly the case would never have gone to court.

Unhappy
    Last edited by Unhappy; 5 November 2018, 09:07 AM.
Working...
X