Rape victims of the world, unite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rape victims of the world, unite

I'm fed up with this site; with the way that no-one supports the victims, only the people who claim they're innocent. At least some of them are lying.

Ask yourself; am I fighting his conviction because he is innocent or because if he was guilty, I couldn't bear it?

Discuss!

Come on. Bet you don't dare post this!

Ok, I dared!

Whilst I would never accuse anyone on this forum of lying, and I would warn and/or ban anyone who did, it is a sad fact of life that some people do lie about things like this, and some of these people may well come onto forums like this to help their story. It would be impossible to tell if they were lying or telling the truth, so I trust anyone who comes here asking for help that they are indeed genuine.

To be honest, I've been thinking that this site does seem to be a little skewed towards supporting those who are looking to fight charges, rather than those who have been raped. It's a problem I recognise, but I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm trying to get other sites to link to us and trying to drive membership up, in the hope that the forum becomes more active overall, in all categories. It's hard work and I've not got a huge amount of time at the moment (see the photo gallery for the reason!) so it's taking time, but I am getting there.

Seriously, If anyone has any constructive feedback on how the site could be improved, then I'm all ears - I love hearing from forum users and will willingly listen to what you have to say.

Phil / Mr Admin!
    I'd diet but I'm not in the moooo-d

Comment

interesting that you are daring people to post here, but are not logged in as a registered user. what you have said would indicate that you are a regular visitor here, yet you have chosen to post this without logging in.

in response, i do not agree that the forum is biased towards those accused rather than survivors of rape. if you dislike reading the posts from those falsely accused and their partners, then don't read them!

I agree that there are some people who genuinely ARE rapists, and there are women who ARE genuinely raped. However, I take great offence at your allegation that some of the people who use this site are lying. What gives you the right to say that? how horrified would you feel if someone wrote a post to say that some of the survivors of rape who use this forum are lying?

If you want a debate, then there are plenty of people who will oblige. However your comments are clearly not aimed at starting a reasonable, informed discussion, but rather to incite a reaction and to plant doubt in the minds of the mothers, fathers, sons, daughters and partners of those falsely accused. I remind you that accusing someone of lying is the ultimate abuse of this forum.

If you are fed up of this site and feel it is biased, you have two options. One is to try to think of a constructive way in which your views and experiences can be reflected. The other is to simply stop coming here.

Finally, if your brother, father, partner or best friend was accused, would you instantly decide he was guilty? or would you trust his word and believe in him? ask yourself that question, and think a little more carefully before you post such incendiary, insensitive and downright nasty statements here.

Comment

I have to say 'THANK YOU' to the moderators of this site.

I've only just recently found it, but not until 'after' my case was finalised, NFA.

I am lucky. I had several eyewitnesses who knew (since they were right there!) and gave statement to my inocence of the rape allegation (but not to police as the police simply declined/refused to interview them as witnesses).

However because of the witnesses, this meant I had support throughout and that had a positive knockon effect with my nearest & dearest to have full confidence in me.

However the devestating impact and effect the allegation has had upon me, almost, very nearly, almost, pales into insignificance to my venemous anger at the police corruption & dishonesty I have encountered as a result.

I would say to any supporting those accused...support them completely & fully.

DO NOT BELIEVE A SINGLE WORD THE POLICE SAY!

Those you support are NOT guilty until PROVEN so. I know through bitter, bitter experience how police simply IGNORE defence evidence & witness. Get ALL the defence evidence to your solicitor. Don't rely on the police, they are ONLY interested in meeting targets and do not care if your boyfriend, husband, fiance is an inoccent casualty (and by proxy YOU and YOUR family also destroyed!) along the way.

I have lost all and every confidence in the police as a result of my experience...and my case was finalised NFA. No charges. But the months of misery, suicidal feelings, despair. God alone knows how some must feel when they are charged, tried or even worse...convicted of a false allegation.

Rape is a terrible afront and crime upon a person, but false allegation of RAPE is EVERY single bit as DESTRUCTIVE, but unlike for rape victims, for the falsely accused there is NO after care and no support, no compensation, just a constant lingering question mark over you FOR LIFE in snide remarks, sly pointed fingers and whispered rumour!

I am now 100% FOR the public naming of ANYONE who makes an NFA rape allegation and believe every NFA case should be reverse investigated as to whether there is sufficient evidence to prosecute the original false accuser. The problem being if the police have acted dishoestly to start with, but then it might help weed out that problem as well.

Comment

Hmmm, not sure if I was ever raped, but from when I was the age of about six/seven I was a child in a peadophile ring, until I was about ten or eleven years old ...does that count?

Never saw myself as much of a victim though!

...But I still say I have been MORE abused by dishonest homophobic police officers as a gay adult than I EVER was as a child exposed to inapproprioate early childhood sexual experience.

Comment

The question has been asked "have you been raped?" Can I ask you whether somebody you love has been falsely accused and wrongly convicted and sentenced to years in prison for crimes that were never committed? I think the answer to that would be "no".

Nobody has said the person who started this thread is "lying". What's there to lie about in this context?

However whoever posted (choosing to remain anonymous) herself brought in the subject of false allegations so obviously that's the way the topic will develop.

It's possible of course that the reason this site seems to spend more time supporting those falsely accused is because there are possibly more false allegations made than there are rapes.

You'll find that some people who run support groups for the falsely accused have been sexually abused themselves - which gives them an even greater insight into the subject than those who have not.

By the way - I don't take somebody's word for it. I read all of the paperwork and I can see what the jury did not see and/or hear.

The police do hide evidence. So do the CPS. CPS will argue not to allow in evidence if they think it will harm their case even if it proves the defendant innocent.

One problem is conviction target rates.
            Last edited by Rights Fighter; 3 December 2007, 05:57 PM.
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

this thread was started by someone wishing to start a debate. no-one has accused her/him of lying, and no-one who uses this forum for its real purpose would ever do so. accusing someone of lying is the ultimate abuse of this forum.
              the person who started this thread has posted it in the "been raped" section, but the topic is certainly to do with false allegations.

Comment

Working...
              X