Destruction of DNA etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destruction of DNA etc.

Well, having been NFA'd 3 weeks ago and currently going about the business of getting my career re-booted, (which to be fair is taking most of my focus at the moment), I did start to think about the DNA, fingerprints etc. and how they would be dealt with. The police man who did it all, said if I wasn't found guilty or they dropped the case, they had to destroy everything. I said I wasn't that worried about it, (although at the time I was like a rabbit in the headlights having just emerged from the police interview) and he was insistent that they had to do it, no matter if I minded or not. I've also heard that they are kept indefinitely by a serving police officer who is a friend but does not know about my situation, (to be fair they may have misunderstood what I was asking at the time as ales were involved and there was loud music). Anyhow, I came across this document https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...Accessible.pdf

It seems to say that if you haven't been charged, fingerprints, DNA etc. will be destroyed on the conclusion of the investigation (although it's important to note it's the investigation conclusion not the persons involvement in the investigation) within a reasonable time frame, (not sure what that is), which the PNC automatically triggers. If you were arrested then it would take 3 years and if you were charged, 3 years again with possible 2 year extensions. So, if you are in the vast majority of people who are invited for a 'voluntary' interview and an investigation took place and never arrested or charged, I think that's quite good news. I think. I couldn't be bothered to read it all.

Anyway - hope everyone is good. Sun is out despite the naughty weather.
Working...
X