This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rape recovery self-help

I've recently read one or two self-help books on healing from the trauma of rape, and I've used them as inspiration to write a self-help page myself. After the introduction, the first part's about a few ways to deal with various emotions, like fear of going out and fear of being alone, the second bit's about nightmares, flashbacks and relaxation exercises, the third bit's about personality types of abusers, things that friends and partners of rape victims can do and what not to do, and a couple of ways of trying to get over the fear of people who look or talk like the rapist, and the fourth bit's about trying to keep healthy and making life more comfortable.

If there's anything you don't like about it, let me know. But hopefully, it'll be helpful:

Healing from the Trauma of Rape.
    My self-help articles on problems ranging from depression and phobias to marriage difficulties, to looking after children and teenagers, to addictions and destructive behaviours like anorexia, to bullying, to losing weight, to debating skills: http://broadcaster.org.uk/self-help
    And my article: How to Avoid Falling for Many False Claims or Fears of the Supernatural
Working...
X