Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction- I am gybaron.

Hi I'm gybaron.
    I'm 62 years old and married. In fact I've been married for 38 years to the same woman.
    I have worked all my life but was made redundant in 2006 and decide to retire early.
    Two things have had an effect on my life. I was sexually abused when I was 11 years old and on a school trip to Switzerland. The abuser was the headmaster.
    I also suffer from bouts of depression but these are controlled by tablets.
    I am interested in complementary therapies and am studying Reiki level 2.
    The present government and the current state of Great Britain sadden me.
    We are as near to "1984" as George Orwell predicted. The government controls our lives, we are under surveillance most of the time, there is no respect for others, and we have lost the pride in our country that other countries seem to maintain. We have become a nanny state and are not allowed to think for ourselves. Although I do not want to leave England I regularly think moving abroad is the answer. More respect, better life style and much better value for money.
    Most cultures value their elderly as sources of knowledge and experience. They look after them. In Britain the philosophy is to keep them poor and forget them. I may sound bitter but I think that this government has ruined Britain for the Brits and made it a country of choice for the asylum seeker, and the unwanted from other countries.
    We need a change government and values.
    Well I've got that off my chest. Does anyone think the same or think I am just a moaner?
Working...
X