Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet Mr admin!

Hi all,

Although my wonderful wife has beaten me to it, here's a bit about me too.
    I have two main passions in life. The railway is both my career and my hobby. I love the railway and know a lot of interesting (or boring, depending on who you ask) stuff about it. For my job, I design track.

People see railways as just sleepers and a couple of rails, but the track is actually hugely complex. My job involves sitting on a computer using CAD most of the time, but I do get to go out and walk amongst the trains sometimes. (Standing on the side of a railway, about a metre or to away from a train as it passes you at 90mph is great fun!). My job is also to talk to the other disciplines etc, and ensure that the design works, is buildable, uses a good arrangement of components, uses the right type of rail/sleeper/other bits and bobs, and that interfaces with signalling and electrification etc are checked and agreed.

I love my job - it's great fun. I have a passion for the railway and it's infrastructure. I have less passion for the trains, but I find the actual track, signalling, electrification, control and communications systems totally fascinating. Definitely my career for life. :thumbsup: And I'll bet you thought that it was just ballast, two rails and a few sleepers... :crazy:

My second passion is computers and the internet. My sister's website, this website and, in particular, this forum, are my labours of love. I spend far more time than is probably healthy online, reading up on various things, playing with website and forum tweaks, and keeping my eye on this forum. I don't really need to expand on this bit as you are already looking at the results!

Somewhere in there, I spend as much time as I can with my lovely weird wife too...

My other weird obsession is cows, if you hadn't already guessed from this website! As Jo said, have a look at our cow gallery. Why cows? It's a long story that I am slowly writing and that will make it onto this website at some point, but here'a a few hints: Jack, an amatuer theatre group, daisy, and a beanstalk...

Well, we've introduced ourselves, over to you!
    I'd diet but I'm not in the moooo-d
Working...
X