X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by friday View Post
    You are an inspiration to me and other survivers
    Thanks
    That's the only reason why I think that me coming forward served a purpose.
    For the rest.. speaking out is nearly ending up in a prosecution.
    Not really great after you thought about reporting someone to do your civic duty and something useful to other women and then... it backfired on you.

I'm proud to be a rape and abuse survivor, I feel this was the only way I could win over what I had to stand from my ex for so long. But to be honest.. justice don't help us at all. My ex is onto another victim, who won't probably be believed, who'll be scared to death at the idea of reporting him as I was, so she won't ever go to any police station and..she'll never know he was reported. Sad, very sad.

Comment

As someone who reported and saw that the jury were too bored/stupid to look at the evidence I can honestly say that the main reason I didn't report when it happened again was that I thought it would be pointless. Although in my heart I think I should I just can't face all that stress for nothing. I went to the havens instead so that is an anonymous report, his name and details are given to the police and I chose to have them contact me if something similar happens involving him. I think that's a great option for those who are wary of reporting.

And of course not all men are b*st*rds but I do seem to have the knack for finding them!
      "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Originally posted by friday View Post
        As someone who reported and saw that the jury were too bored/stupid to look at the evidence I can honestly say that the main reason I didn't report when it happened again was that I thought it would be pointless. Although in my heart I think I should I just can't face all that stress for nothing. I went to the havens instead so that is an anonymous report, his name and details are given to the police and I chose to have them contact me if something similar happens involving him. I think that's a great option for those who are wary of reporting.

And of course not all men are b*st*rds but I do seem to have the knack for finding them!
        Most of the time I'm cursing myself because I even reported it the first time. My ex was a training support worker in the only rape and abuse line up here (quite skilled, nice way of getting victims!!) and I ended up even deprived of any therapy!! After 6 months I'm still waiting to see anyone from a counselling service. Completely abandoned!!! Appalling

Comment

Working...
        X