willing to help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VNN

This will be down to the judge as to what will happen in the Abuse of Process hearing.

A decision should be made then with regards to the waiver with regards to your request for "the complainant to withdraw the right of confidentiality with US lawyers".

if the waiver is signed that means that what happened and/or was said in the US could be disclosed to the CPS at least and then to defence, if the judge allows.

There isn't anything that you personally can do at this stage.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

keep calm

Originally posted by terrifieddad View Post
      My main worry is that I will be sent to HMP Liverpool as my trial is at Liverpool Crown Court. That particular prison has a terrible track record when it comes to vulnerable prisoners from what I have read. If I am convicted, I believe I will be the first to be convicted of marital rape without any other violence involved.
      i'm not sure about what hmp liverpool is but all i can say is cross that bridge as and if you ever come to it. there has been a massive shake up recently regarding the prison system and a lot of money is being put into it. i will do some more digging to find out more information. just remember prison is the worst that can happen not what is going to happen

Comment

that's fine

Originally posted by sqounk View Post
        Hi Anon - thanks for this. Is it possible to privately message you - as I don't want to be too specific on a public forum, thinking about it. But yes, I was talking about the accused and there being an absence of criminal intent.
        Cheers.
        nnot sure if i'm able to use the private messages yet as i'n still a newbie on here time wise. it's all up to the admin people. but as soon as i'm able then i am more than happy to help in any way that i can

Comment

Originally posted by anon2011 View Post
          nnot sure if i'm able to use the private messages yet as i'n still a newbie on here time wise. it's all up to the admin people. but as soon as i'm able then i am more than happy to help in any way that i can
          Cheers! I didn't know you couldn't send private messages on here! I saw that someone had done or was intending to and just assumed. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by sqounk View Post
            Cheers! I didn't know you couldn't send private messages on here! I saw that someone had done or was intending to and just assumed. Cheers
            not to worry. you can private message but it's all up to the admin crew here to upgrade you (and me) to be able to use the full features of this forum. as soon as the admin crew upgrade me i'll be able to deal with cases in a more private manor so you won't have to worry about this being a public forum. please be aware that i am not qualified with my law degree yet. i'm only in my 5th year but i have a lot of experience.

by law i cannot give you legal advice but (read into the statute) i am able to give legal "guidance"

this offer is open to anyone on this forum who may need this. i CANNOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE but i can guide you with how the law works and point you to various legal issues or just simply explain some of the technical stuff

best of luck to all of us

Comment

You've reached the post count so the system will let you send/receive pm's when 10 days have elapsed from registration. (obviously the same applies to Sqounk)
              Last edited by Casehardened; 14 October 2016, 06:45 PM.
              'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

this offer is open to anyone on this forum who may need this. i CANNOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE but i can guide you with how the law works and point you to various legal issues or just simply explain some of the technical stuff
                As I mentioned in my post above this is a most generous offer and I venture to suggest that with 5 years study under your belt that there won't be much that you can't answer. (as well as having 'inside' knowledge!)

If you are in agreement, and don't mind a deluge of replies, could I suggest you put together some sort of introductory post summarizing this invitation and the limitations thereof, which I will then 'sticky' somewhere appropriate in the forum (probably the 'Useful Information' section)

I will only do this once you are able to receive pm's as obviously it will not be a good idea to put any contact details on this public forum.
                'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

not to worry. you can private message but it's all up to the admin crew here to upgrade you (and me) to be able to use the full features of this forum. as soon as the admin crew upgrade me i'll be able to deal with cases in a more private manor so you won't have to worry about this being a public forum. please be aware that i am not qualified with my law degree yet. i'm only in my 5th year but i have a lot of experience.

by law i cannot give you legal advice but (read into the statute) i am able to give legal "guidance"

best of luck to all of us

Please remember that all cases are different. What you may have experienced in your case can be completely different to what others have or will experience.

Knowing or learning "the law" cannot and does not equate with experience. I've known some really bad solicitors and barristers who have studied for years. Conversely, I have known some hardworking legal execs, paralegals trainee sols who want to make their mark early on, so will go out of their way to help.

It is always better to ask the serious legal questions regarding a specific case to the solicitor who has conduct of the case (or barrister if a case has progressed that far).

Also, just to clarify, lay advice and legal advice can be obtained from many sources at no cost whatsoever.

Anon, I do hope you learn a lot from some of the people you are able to assist here. You might find though, that it might be better discuss in here so that others can learn from the answers.
                  People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
                  X