Found not guilty on all 5 counts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found not guilty on all 5 counts

Just wanted to share some good news to you that my trial is over and I was found not guilty on all 5 counts of sexual assault.

This thread is purely to give you the news and to let you know that I can now carry on with my life.

Me and my wife plan on trying for a second child and we are planning to go on a well needed holiday too.

Two weeks ago I had no legal representation, and no defence other than myself. My defence case statement was one small paragraph and that had been sent to the prosecution over a year ago.

In the last 6 days a new legal team funded by legal aid got to work and put to bed some very malicious lies made about me.

The allegations against me were utter rubbish and I said this to the police. I feel bitter that the police and CPS made me go through what they forced me to despite the evidence against me being a mere she said he said with no real subsidy. To think that I was facing 2 years in jail, and I would not be able to see my child without supervision, and that I would have to sign the sex offenders register, because of a lying little ****, and now a jury have seen the lies at face value with all odds stacked against me and found me not guilty, is truly remarkable.

During the last year and 6 months I've learned a lot, and I've found a broken legal system in much need of repair, negligent representation all over the place and corruption to the core, a scary reality that probably sees lots of innocent people banged up.

I'm just glad I can move on now, my family are relieved and while the stress won't go away over night, we can start to rebuild our lives which were put on hold for the entire time it took to go to trial.
    (free) legal assistance | sentencing guidelines

I've been there, so I know what you are going through, keep strong.

Thank you for the update and especially for the information regarding your legal representation.

I moved your relevant post from Adex's thread to the Solicitor's thread in the 'Useful Information' section as it is more likely to be viewed there.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
        Thank you for the update and especially for the information regarding your legal representation.

I moved your relevant post from Adex's thread to the Solicitor's thread in the 'Useful Information' section as it is more likely to be viewed there.
        Thanks for that.

I'd like to post a detailed overview of what I went through, how I found help, and what I learned, so that others can avoid what I had to go through.

The worst bit was when I had no legal representation and no legal team were willing to represent me. Is there a place in this forum for this or should I just post something here?

Comment

Good Luck

It is good to know you are free from the nightmare, thank you for sharing it makes my oh and myself feel there is hope. Enjoy life now

Comment

Originally posted by bonbon View Post
            Thanks for that.

I'd like to post a detailed overview of what I went through, how I found help, and what I learned, so that others can avoid what I had to go through.

The worst bit was when I had no legal representation and no legal team were willing to represent me. Is there a place in this forum for this or should I just post something here?
            This would be great and thanks for offering: a good place would be to tag it on the end of this thread as it is the first one new members are likely to see:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...wn-experience)
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Great news

Sending kind wishes to you and your family. I hope you can quickly put this ordeal behind you and resume your lives as unscathed as possible.

Before our own experience, we were niave about the justice system and the ways of the police. I still suffer from the after shock of their behaviours and it concerns me what innocent people have to endure.

I look forward to reading you account.

Comment

Sounds like a very interesting case with a brilliant outcome!
                Well done for getting through it.

YoH

Comment

Wonderful news!!

'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Wonderful, wonderful news. Hope you are soon able to put this nightmare behind you. banana::

Comment

Originally posted by can it get worse View Post
                      Great news

Sending kind wishes to you and your family. I hope you can quickly put this ordeal behind you and resume your lives as unscathed as possible.

Before our own experience, we were niave about the justice system and the ways of the police. I still suffer from the after shock of their behaviours and it concerns me what innocent people have to endure.

I look forward to reading you account.

I already suspected the police were more interested in targets than justice, so it was no shock to me, but it was a very long prolonged and hard experience to stomach, which is going to take time for me to get over. Your kind words help in moving forwards. Looking forward I'm going to try and get my MP to push for change as this can't continue as it stands. Before the grooming scandals came out it wasn't good for those making these allegations, and now it is the complete opposite, there needs to be some sort of balance.

Comment

I'm also sorry you had to go through the horrific experience of a trial. Perhaps if you had a good legal team in place sooner, it may not have gone as far as trial but at least the jury saw behind the lies. I hope you can now move on in your life but you're bound to feel angry, bitter and a sense of injustice about the whole thing. It may take some time before everything settled in but good for you for staying strong!

Comment

Sir you have my total respect for you & your family. Well done on the result. Please do post up your experiences so that those that follow can benefit.

Kindest regards
                          Mr B

Comment

Working...
                          X