No announcement yet.

Wrongful conviction - what can I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You join YUKU first then select the group you wish to join. Try going from http://pafaaforum.yuku.com

Put details in the little box of who you are, your landline number so I can call you. Nobody else sees those details.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi . . I've just read through your thread and am yet again so disgraced of the state of our justice system. There are so many cases where wrongful convictions are happening.

I am so sorry what you are having to go through and feel your suffering. This is made so much worse when there are children involved. However, I feel they can be more resilient than we may sometimes think.

I hope your parents can continue to offer support and stay with you for some time longer.

Although I'm sure you will not come to terms with what has happened/happening - You will adapt to this new environment and with the assistance of others will manage to cope. Your child will be able to offer distraction and your days will pass. Some will be worse than others but you will get through. Even though I'm sure you don't feel like you will.

I look back on our experience and shiver with the whole daily hell of it. I am continuously trying to come to terms why the police/CPS are 'believers' even though the lies were so blatant.
      Please take care and keep posting. Sending big hugs.x

Comment

Update

Conscious I haven't posted for a while so an update ..... feels like the wheels of the prison system & the appeal process turn even more slowly than the police/CPS ones. OH is still in the same place despite being promised a transfer over 3 weeks ago (in 7 - 10 days). I have seen him just 3 times in 9 weeks now. We now have a new solicitor acting & papers being referred to a new Barrister for advice on appealing the conviction. It is hard being single parent, eyes & ears for OH, cheerleader to keep his spirits up, legal liaison, detective - it is virtually impossible to try & fight injustice from inside. As many have commented, we are finding ways of coping day to day - some days are good, some very bad but we continue to plod forward. Every day a step closer to release, whenever that may be.

OH says that he has met many also saying they are inside on a False Allegation - I guess I don't need to tell this forum that it is much more common than people would think.

Thanks for all the messages of support to date - I feel guilty that I haven't felt able to offer support to anyone else yet but hopefully I will in time.

Comment

Hi again!
          Don't worry at all. We know what you're going through.
          Thanks for taking time to update.
          Your experience may well help others in due time so don't be hard on yourself now, when you're right in the middle of the fight of your life.
          Keep in touch when you can.
          Sending strength and hugs through cyber space!

YoH

Comment

Originally posted by YearsOfHell View Post
            Hi again!
            Don't worry at all. We know what you're going through.
            Thanks for taking time to update.
            Your experience may well help others in due time so don't be hard on yourself now, when you're right in the middle of the fight of your life.
            Keep in touch when you can.
            Sending strength and hugs through cyber space!

YoH
            wishing you and OH all the best in the world. yes the justice system does move slowly but a lot of cases are getting a much closer look at right now and it seems some members of parliament have started to realise that false allegations are happening all around them. (mainly because a few of them have been targeted.) i hope that the system gets the shake up it needs but until then just try to keep your head above water. that is what he will be doing inside. i know i was in for 4 years an still fighting for justice.

Comment

Hi, hope you're doing ok? I'm not on here often but your post caught my attention. I too was left as a single parent after my OH was convicted following a false accusation. We are approaching 2.5 years into his sentence now and sometimes I still feel like it is us that are receiving the real punishment. I struggle on one income and my OH is a 3.5 hour drive away. I get no help with petrol because I'm working but they take no account of the proportion of my income that goes on fuel for visits. I have to work full time because we have a mortgage. I used to work part time and do the school run and after school clubs, play dates etc. The children get none of that now. One day I'm sure they will understand that I had to keep a roof over their heads.

Originally posted by Devastated16 View Post
              Conscious I haven't posted for a while so an update ..... feels like the wheels of the prison system & the appeal process turn even more slowly than the police/CPS ones. OH is still in the same place despite being promised a transfer over 3 weeks ago (in 7 - 10 days). I have seen him just 3 times in 9 weeks now. We now have a new solicitor acting & papers being referred to a new Barrister for advice on appealing the conviction. It is hard being single parent, eyes & ears for OH, cheerleader to keep his spirits up, legal liaison, detective - it is virtually impossible to try & fight injustice from inside. As many have commented, we are finding ways of coping day to day - some days are good, some very bad but we continue to plod forward. Every day a step closer to release, whenever that may be.

OH says that he has met many also saying they are inside on a False Allegation - I guess I don't need to tell this forum that it is much more common than people would think.

Thanks for all the messages of support to date - I feel guilty that I haven't felt able to offer support to anyone else yet but hopefully I will in time.

Comment

Working...
              X