Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from hell

Hi there

Let me tell you my story. I suffer from post traumatic stress disorder following abuse as a child. I get panic attacks, paranoia, dissassociations, freeze ups, impared judgement just to name a few symptoms.

In spite of all of this I fought my illness and eventually began studying engineering at a prestigious university in the uk. However the symptoms remain to this day.

Now uni halls of residence are well known as bad places for people with severe anxiety issues such as myself. As well as being openly hostile to young men with sexual assault claims (the vast majority unsubstantiated) running rampant.

Into this environment i arrived and problems began. But through strength and determination i pressed on despite suffering these symptoms on a daily basis. I made friends and even had a couple of sexual encounters.

One particular night in may of 2015 i was having severe problems and my judgement my mind was in tatters. An american exchange student, who it later turned out had been drinking initiated sexual activity with me. She even used the words "can we go to your room to ****". My judgement impared and acting impulsively i accepted her offer. Due to my illness i often have the impulse to masturbate several times a day so you can imagine what was going through my brain.

When i finally recovered my sences she was still encouraging me to have sex with her but something was amiss. I could hear banging on the door and a familiar voice. I stopped imediately and realised what was happening.

I found myself facing an angry mob. She was drunk but initially she didnt seem as drunk as her friends were making out. I was threatend, so i decided to go to the police. I was terrified, but i thought the police would be able to see the incident for what it was. Drunken student antics meets mental illness. I was arrested, spent 18 hours in cells and 4 hours in interview.

I gave my account to the police. I was read a statement that said i apparently kidnapped this person from a party. Given she was 4 stone heavier than me and wouldve been on the otherside of an electronically locked fire door it was impossible for me to do this.

Anyhow ive been on bail for over 7 months now. Rebailed twice, had a mental health assessment to see if my illness really did affect my judgement. My next bail date is the 4th of february. She has since gone back to america.

I have been told by a former flatmate that noone at my old halls of residence believes the allegation but i am still very afraid. I didnt rape the girl in question, i can only hope the criminal justice system can see sense.

Thanks for reading and yes i need help

Sorry for posting this here my mistake
    Last edited by Im scared; 24 December 2015, 06:01 AM.

Originally posted by Im scared View Post

Sorry for posting this here my mistake
    No problem, now moved to a more appropriate section, and welcome to the forum.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

What a pity you didn't find this forum before you went to the police as the universal advice would have been not to report the matter.

Once the allegation has been reported to the police, no matter who by, they are obliged to investigate and the easiest way to commence the investigation is to arrest and question the alleged perpetrator (the arrest is for the purpose of fingerprinting and DNA sampling)

It may be that the matter will go no further as the complainant may not wish to return to the UK to give evidence in court but I guess there will be CCTV in halls of residence which will show her entering your room without duress (obviously after 7 months it will be overwritten but the police may have taken copies at the time?)

You mention 'a familiar voice'; is this anyone who can give evidence of your behalf?
      Originally posted by Im scared View Post

I could hear banging on the door and a familiar voice. I stopped imediately and realised what was happening.
      There is some general advice in this link:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi, a few updates.

I had a a psychological assessment with a police expert regarding my PTSD which i think went okay. My therapist notes are being analysed at present. According to my solicitor if it comes out in my favour it will kill the investigation given it affected my judgement at the time of the event. It was voluntary but im telling the truth so I went for it.

At the end of the assessment the investigating officer returned the jacket i was wearing at the time of my arrest. I'm taking it as a positive sign. My accuser has also unblocked me on facebook but no attempt at contact has been made by either of us (and i have no intention of contacting her under ANY cercumstance).

In all I'm feeling a little more positive and I'm thinking she won't return to the UK.

I hope everyone has a happy new year and i hope things turn out okay for those in my position.

Best wishes.

Comment

Re bailed till april

Hi everyone,

I've been rebailed till late april. Apparently the cps have quite the backlog at the minute. I've been put on anti depressants and im struggling to eat anything over the last few days. I never imagined it could go on this long. I have the full support of friends and family but im feeling completely alone non the less. I wish i had the strength of some of the people on here.

The OIC told me he'd let me know as soon as he hears anything, but as things stand im completely in the dark right now.

Comment

Try not to get too worked up.
            You must prepare for the long haul as it drags on and on.
            In the meantime you must get on with things as best you can.
            Try not to dwell on things (not easy I know) and keep looking at the positive things in life.
            They are there somewhere!
            It's easy to let this nightmare totally consume you but you can't let it.
            This is where you need all your strength.
            Keep busy with "normal" things and keep calm.
            Sending strength to you in bucket loads!
            Hang in there
            YoH

Comment

Sadly these things can run for very long and even go the distance.

For me it was near enough 2 years but mine did go to trial plus it was in Scotland.

It's good you have been to the doctors and on the meds because dealing with this unaided is not wise especially since you already suffered earlier in your life with those events.

I will say that it will eventually be over even though it seems to be on-going for the longest time. Keep trying to keep yourself busy and the cps or whoever will respond when they have made their decision...sadly there is little you can do to hurry them up.

Stay strong.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you so much it is important to me. Looking through this forum can be both scary and uplifting. It is very good to see the positive side of things. Boot&suits not guilty verdict was wonderful to read. Shows that justice can prevail.

The oic is confusing, always smiling and pleasent. Its sometimes difficult to remember he's investigating me when he's explaining things with a smile and a joke. It feels like a strange poker game.

Again thanks for the support. Hopefully it'll be over soon for me and others on here.

Comment

They do this to make you feel comfortable and open up to them.

As soon as the tape recorder is on they soon change their nice/friendly tone and become very unlikable indeed.

I suppose it's their job but I wouldn't trust them one single bit after my experience.

Comment

I remember all too well from my interview. Like i said its almost a poker game, but i always ensure that i exchange pleasentries rather than information. I'm hoping for an NFA but if not my solicitor is a real fighter and has been since the interview.

Comment

If she has unblocked you, hopefully you have privacy settings so that she cannot see what you are posting.....
                      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I've made a point of posting very little on social media. Certainly nothing relating to the case.

To be honest apart from the assesment and doorstep bails, if it wasnt for the bouts of anxiety life is pretty much normal.

I'm just hoping that the cps see sence and this will be over at some point.

Comment

Working...
                        X