semantics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• semantics.

Someone's thread was moving from advice to the semantics of people's opinions, I thought i would start this so we could leave that thread for advice and discuss the so called semantics here.

if anyone can think of a better title ...

I feel like I'm being attacked for expressing my opinion.
    I didn't want or intend to offend anyone.

Comment

I'm sure no one intended for their comments to come across as an assault on you or your opinions. like text messages, you can't always gauge how other's will react to what other people write, one person will take it one way, another person, another way, it's not because they don't understand, or they hate what is being written, its just the written word is not as effective as when you can see someone's expression, or tone of voice things like that. sometime's writing as clearly as you can and adding things to emphasize certain things can help. I usually add () to explain something.

you put 20 people in a room, you'll have 20 different opinions. far ranging, some will be close to the same, but still different. this is a room, with x amount of people, with x amount of opinions, no one is absolutely right and no one is absolutely wrong, if they were the legal system and everything in regards to it would be perfect, and no system is perfect, it's not possible.

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Bene View Post
        I feel like I'm being attacked for expressing my opinion.
        I didn't want or intend to offend anyone.
        I haven't read what you've said, but a lot of people here are in a difficult place and can easily be offended because of their emotional state (and I include myself when I was in this position), it is also only too easy to say something off the top of your head and think "Oh yeah, that didn't come out right".

Kudos for apologising, it's certainly something I do a lot of! But try to think how others may interprate what you've said, we all get it wrong sometimes, this can be a highly charged forum !

Comment

bene,

i would have replied in the other thread, but did not want to cast more doubt then that OP's mind.

there are a lot of false accustations made, i never realised how many until it happened to me, i did have a thread but asked to have it taken off as i was afraid that it could have been followed back to me as a person.

you've proberly asked the question that we have all asked. why would some one make such allegations up. it's important to remember that men make these things up too.

Comment

Originally posted by Feeling Low View Post
            bene,

i would have replied in the other thread, but did not want to cast more doubt then that OP's mind.

there are a lot of false accustations made, i never realised how many until it happened to me, i did have a thread but asked to have it taken off as i was afraid that it could have been followed back to me as a person.

you've proberly asked the question that we have all asked. why would some one make such allegations up. it's important to remember that men make these things up too.
            I'm very sorry that it happen to you to anyone.
            Perhaps I'm very naive but I had no idea how many false accusation are being made.
            It's a grave in justice to all of us!!!

Comment

Working...
            X