X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lawlessone2009 View Post
    I echo those thoughts.

Are there any appeals being pursued?
    OMG!! What a div I am - just actually read your comment after all of these months!! - The Solicitor did suggest an appeal but my other half knowing that he would only have another seven months to serve in custody decided not to simply because he was so scared that if an appeal didn't go his way that his sentenced could have been deemed to lenient and if it had been a retrial he didn't think that he could go through all the courtroom trauma a second time. Not the decision that I would have made but then I'm not the one in prison!!

Comment

I think ss are trying to cross the TS and dot the i`s, we are all paying for the mistakes of past police officers and care homes now its a which hunt.
      Have ss said that he can't move back in unpon his release?

Comment

Hi Kaz,

Thank you for updating us. Good news that he is soon to be released but the horror never seems to leave us alone.

SS appear to be totally inept from whichever authority they belong to. This helps not one bit, especially considering they have so much power.

My only advice that I could offer is - be mindful of the words you choose for SS. They will be waiting to misconstrue whatever you say. I hope that doesn't sound patronising as I'm sure you already were aware of that.

Take care and wishing you all the best for the next 11 weeks and after.............

Comment

Originally posted by o my god View Post
          I think ss are trying to cross the TS and dot the i`s, we are all paying for the mistakes of past police officers and care homes now its a which hunt.
          Have ss said that he can't move back in unpon his release?
          No apparently they have to do an "environmental scan" to ensure that there is no one in the area that he could be deemed a danger to or anyone that may be a danger to him!!
          I can only assume as my job entails me being pvg and sssc registered with no criminal record whatsoever that they'd be hard pushed to justify not allowing him back to the house - also no minors in the property!! To be honest I just find the social worker so judgemental and particularly unreasonable I feel I have to continually point out the misinformation he keeps coming up with!!

Comment

Originally posted by can it get worse View Post
            Hi Kaz,

Thank you for updating us. Good news that he is soon to be released but the horror never seems to leave us alone.

SS appear to be totally inept from whichever authority they belong to. This helps not one bit, especially considering they have so much power.

My only advice that I could offer is - be mindful of the words you choose for SS. They will be waiting to misconstrue whatever you say. I hope that doesn't sound patronising as I'm sure you already were aware of that.

Take care and wishing you all the best for the next 11 weeks and after.............
            INEPT is not the word I would use - rude arrogant judgemental !!! LOL I'd better watch my step otherwise I might find myself classed as a vulnerable adult !!!
            And yes 11 weeks will just fly in - then we can start to try and rebuild our lives that have been destroyed by a vicious nasty individual who has tried so hard to destroy us. We are still together though so her little plan didn't work!! The last month or so have been easier to cope with knowing there is an end in sight!

Comment

I know they are a bunch of txxxs that don't know there arse from there elbow we had one ss worker that didn't even have kids!! When you say there is no minors in the house why are ss involed (his conviction was not against a minor).
              I'm a bit puzzled by that

Comment

I know they are a bunch of txxxs that don't know there arse from there elbow we had one ss worker that didn't even have kids!! When you say there is no minors in the house why are ss involed (his conviction was not against a minor).
                I'm a bit puzzled by that
                Sorry in Scotland when convicted of a sex offence and you are out on licence its a criminal justice social worker who supervises your licence conditions. Me being a cheeky moo of course checked out what there gov. objectives are and asked them what exactly they were going to do to help when he gets out as their objective is to ensure offenders don't reoffend!! Was of course met with a blank stare and the usual stuttering and mumbling! Apparently they have me down as being antagonistic - obviously they didn't like the questions I had asked!

Comment

Good for you give them ****, reoffend I hope you told them that he didn't do it anyway, and that the only reason he is in there is because of the witch hunt that is taking this country by storm,

Comment

Mmmmmn - we asked many questions to our SW prior to my partners trial. My partner had a historic FA (not an ex tho) but we have 2 children.

We were challenging as we never really witnessed anything to indicate they were professionals. They did not like this one bit and stuttering and mumbling was a common occurrence for our SW. Throughout the many pointless meetings, it took a great deal of strength to control our frustrations. They continued to mitigate themselves throughout!!! Useless jobsworths who don't really care one jot.

Comment

Good for you give them ****, reoffend I hope you told them that he didn't do it anyway, and that the only reason he is in there is because of the witch hunt that is taking this country by storm,
                      As I explained to SS and plod (3 attempts by them to get me to make a statement against him) I couldn't possibly have an opinion on whether he was guilty or not as only him and her were there at the time and truthfully better to convict an innocent man than allow a rapist to walk free!!!! All I know is that my quiet introverted loving gentle generous man has never been inappropriate in anyway shape or form with me!! And your so right this country is a damn disgrace every other day we are filling the courts and the prisons with people as we appear to have little better to do than waste taxpayers money, Instead of focusing on real crimes and true criminals it appears it is so much easier to send someone to jail for a supposed sex offence!! One has to wonder how many people are truly innocent and serving time due to **** circumstances? lack of cash for decent lawyers?and the opportunity for a fair trial?

Comment

Originally posted by can it get worse View Post
                        Mmmmmn - we asked many questions to our SW prior to my partners trial. My partner had a historic FA (not an ex tho) but we have 2 children.

We were challenging as we never really witnessed anything to indicate they were professionals. They did not like this one bit and stuttering and mumbling was a common occurrence for our SW. Throughout the many pointless meetings, it took a great deal of strength to control our frustrations. They continued to mitigate themselves throughout!!! Useless jobsworths who don't really care one jot.
                        Commonly known as box tickers - how nice it must be to take job satisfaction from the persecution of others and when someone in fact is wholly complient with them they must feel so successful!! Oh look yet another criminal reintegrated into society! Well sorry but I can't keep my gob shut!! And if I don't agree or have anything that can contradict them I will not sit there and say nothing! They'd be better addressing their own failings - like when children who truly are at risk and they stand back and do nothing. They in fact make my blood boil!!!!

Comment

I know wot u mean about fair trial, mine was ment to be the 4th of august for 4days the plob and CP's had something so damming to there case they did not want to disclose the judge said they had to, they would not so 13 courts of rape not guilty in 5mins, that was the recomondation of the cps.How can they try and hide something that proved me not to be guilty

Comment

I know wot u mean about fair trial, mine was ment to be the 4th of august for 4days the plob and CP's had something so damming to there case they did not want to disclose the judge said they had to, they would not so 13 courts of rape not guilty in 5mins, that was the recomondation of the cps.How can they try and hide something that proved me not to be guilty
                            My partners trial was reported about in the newspaper the week before it happened!! Giving his details and his charges etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaz8671 View Post
                              OMG!! What a div I am - just actually read your comment after all of these months!! - The Solicitor did suggest an appeal but my other half knowing that he would only have another seven months to serve in custody decided not to simply because he was so scared that if an appeal didn't go his way that his sentenced could have been deemed to lenient and if it had been a retrial he didn't think that he could go through all the courtroom trauma a second time. Not the decision that I would have made but then I'm not the one in prison!!

That advice is wrong. A barrister or solicitor who refers a case to the CA is unlikely to send a case that could be considered "frivolous". Some inmates send in their own 'grounds' of appeal which are not really grounds at all, and on occasion the court will add to the sentence, the time the applicant had been an appellant - in other words, from the time he lodged the grounds.

If a sentence is considered to be unduly lenient the application by the Crown has to be lodged immediately after sentence has been passed or unless a member of the public complains about the length of the sentence, as has happened with some of the recent celebrity convictions Even then they may not attempt to - I know Rolf Harris was expecting that but CPS decided against it. As that didn't happen in hubby's case, then attempting to appeal against conviction would NOT result in an appeal against sentence by the Crown. It's too late for them to even try.

If he wants to appeal then he better start looking for some assistance, as the CA will want to know why he has not applied before. They won't accept "I thought my sentence would be longer" or "I couldn't face it while I was in prison".

Are you the lady who emailed me yesterday? Her husband was due to come out in a few weeks but apparently her mother in law had "advised" her wrongly by repeating gossip she overheard in a prison visit. Is this you?
                              Last edited by Rights Fighter; 30 August 2014, 03:55 PM.
                              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                                That advice is wrong. A barrister or solicitor who refers a case to the CA is unlikely to send a case that could be considered "frivolous". Some inmates send in their own 'grounds' of appeal which are not really grounds at all, and on occasion the court will add to the sentence, the time the applicant had been an appellant - in other words, from the time he lodged the grounds.

If a sentence is considered to be unduly lenient the application by the Crown has to be lodged immediately after sentence has been passed or unless a member of the public complains about the length of the sentence, as has happened with some of the recent celebrity convictions Even then they may not attempt to - I know Rolf Harris was expecting that but CPS decided against it. As that didn't happen in hubby's case, then attempting to appeal against conviction would NOT result in an appeal against sentence by the Crown. It's too late for them to even try.

If he wants to appeal then he better start looking for some assistance, as the CA will want to know why he has not applied before. They won't accept "I thought my sentence would be longer" or "I couldn't face it while I was in prison".

Are you the lady who emailed me yesterday? Her husband was due to come out in a few weeks but apparently her mother in law had "advised" her wrongly by repeating gossip she overheard in a prison visit. Is this you?
                                Hi Rights Fighter - in answer to your question no I'm not the lady who e;mailed you and as for my partner appealing as I said before he has always maintained his innocence but made an informed choice not to appeal (not my decision) for many reasons fear I think being the main one - he had already endured 8 months being held on remand in a sex offenders wing in Scotland highest security prison and then a trial which collapsed and was started again after being reindicted a week later (different jury)to go through the trial which in the end lasted a full 13 days before the jury returned their verdict. He has been diagnosed with PTSD and emotionally and physically is wrecked. He initially assumed that he would be looking at a sentence of between 4-8 years as advised by his solicitor and was going to appeal but when the judge gave him 30 months backdated to his initial remand date he could only see that he would be locked up for another seven months and then out on licence so asked his lawyer to withdraw their proposed appeal. It is only now the repercussions of that decision are becoming apparent to him. He will now be on the SO register indefinitely as well as subject to multiple conditions for the next 15 months. He feels that at this moment he will agree to anything just to get out of jail and the environment he is in. Maybe the decision was the wrong one but he has suffered immensely and now needs to pick up the little pieces of his life that are left. Deserted by family members, no job etc and the mental health issues he now has. I guess all I can do is be there for him. I have suffered for all of these months as well as him and feel as if I have served his jail sentence each day he's been locked up.I just need to get through the next 10 weeks and can actually begin to live again as opposed to this horrific existence.

Comment

Working...
                                X