Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice?

Hello there everyone,

Just to let you know it's not me we are talking about here, it is a very close family member. I would like some advise if it is worth or possible trying to prosecute a lady (I say lady pffft) who accused him of rape, this went the whole nine yards and a not guilty verdict was was unanimous.

A quick few points about the case which might give you a better picture:

-No DNA was found
    -CPS dropped the case
    -The police then took the case on (I think the officer that was questioned on the stand)
    -Police binned his swabs for DNA(the judge stopped the session to question the officer prosecuting)

Between the time of the accusation and trial:

-Lost his girlfriend and the mother of his kids (still effected by it now)
    -Has turned to cannabis, very heavy smoker now
    -Lost his job through depression
    -Got beaten up by a friend of ours (ex friend)
    -Been abused in my car while I was driving him around

I have tried to get him to at least enquire about it but he just doesn't seem to have the go in him anymore, he doesn't want it all getting dragged back up.
    If it were me I'd be angry with the police and her, I'd want justice, why should she be able to walk freely after destroying him?

Is it just me or do I have a serious point here? I would very much like for anyone that has been through the same thing elaborate what the outcome was.

Thanks for your time, Dan.

Extract:
    -No DNA was found
    -CPS dropped the case
    -The police then took the case on (I think the officer that was questioned on the stand)
    If the CPS dropped the case the police cannot then continue with it.

This is how it works:

The police 'investigate'

The matter is then sent to the CPS for a decision on whether to prosecute or not

If they decide not to prosecute (NFA) then that is that unless fresh evidence comes up - then it can be resurrected depending on the evidence.

If this matter went to trial as it seems it did, then the Crown proceeded with it.

To take out a private prosecution can cost hundreds of thousands of pounds with no guarantee that it will work.

He could write to his local CPS to enquire as to whether they will consider prosecuting for perjury/PCJ. To do that however, they would need cast iron proof that she lied, either a confession from her or from people she has confessed to.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
      To do that however, they would need cast iron proof that she lied, either a confession from her or from people she has confessed to.
      Thank you for this RF, I really thought about this but :
      She will never admit that she lied even though the police nearly caught her.
      One of her family member found her suspicious when she said that I "raped" her because she was acting as usual (because she was lying).
      I just hope that one way or another she will pay (without me) and as you say;
      "What goes around comes around".
      Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Indeed. Try and believe in karma.

Sometimes the best revenge you can have is getting on with your life and moving on.
        Attempts to prosecute will likely be fruitless and may well lead to further conflict and consequent bitterness.

I understand why you feel you have the right to prosecute...but in reality, as with much of the process, the system is not set out to accommodate victims of false allegations.
        "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Thanks for the correction RF, I wasn't entirely sure how it worked but it did get dropped once.
          The only concrete evidence to say she lied was that there was no DNA, no semen ect, when she said he licked her boobs, jammed his fingers in her mouth, entered her.... how it even went to court I'll never know, he even denied having sex with her from the start and knew he could have said sex was consented if he was hiding anything.
          In my honest opinion, what a waste of tax payers money and what an evil thing to do to him, if Karma does do some justice she'll be 6 feet under, let's hope it comes sooner rather than later.

Safe to say this will go no further.
          I do appreciate your advice and it's good to know there are people out there like you guys.

Comment

Working...
          X