Travel Restrictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Restrictions

Having been arrested and now having been told I have an NFA, what do I have to do to travel to the USA in terms of visa etc? Can anyone advise me??

Thx

Well, you haven't got a conviction, so you should just apply for a visa like everyone else.
    Nothing to stop you going. It's only convictions they're fussed about.

Comment

When I go to the website the US Embassy says if I have been ARRESTED (not CHARGED or CONVICTED) I have to apply for an Association of Chief Police Offers (ACPO) report and apply directly via the Embassy and be interviewed. I can't use the (much cheaper much less hassle) Visa Waiver Scheme. Also the ACPO report is only valid for 6 months. So this is a huge layer of cost and hassle I now have to understake each time I go to the US on business?

This also means I have to tell my employer???

Am I wrong????
      Last edited by felix; 22 April 2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Felix,

I did read a fair bit about this following my arrest. Some other forums have posts from individuals claiming to have filled in the visa waiver and getting away with it even after Sept 11.

I believe that what you say is correct. If you did take the risk of just filling in the visa waiver, there would be a risk that you could be deported and not allowed access to the US again.

Sorry it is probably not what you wanted to hear. Yet another complication of false allegations.

Perhaps if you go through the embassy a couple of times, they may allow you to streamline future visa applications.

Best wishes
        SH

Comment

Have a look at

http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/inde...held-about-me/
          And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Working...
          X