Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me! Falsely Accused of Rape!

Hi,
    Recently I was arrested regaurding a rape in September, I had met this girl through a friend of a friend, anyway to cut a long story short, she ended up coming back to my friends house, me, her, my friend and his friend. Me and the girl were kissing etc, we then went to another room were we proceeded to have intercourse. She is now saying that I raped her, when it was 100 % consensual. I have been bailed out till the 6th of April, I really don't know what to do, there is no evidence that I raped her at all, but I did have sex with her and I have gone through the details of this with the police. Please help! I am really scared I have done nothing wrong whatsoever.
    Will this go to court? What will happen!? I have 2 people that can say she was all over me before we were alone in the other room.

Welcome

Morning oldjoe. Glad you found your way here, but not the circumstance you have found yourself in. If you have managed to glance through any of the other threads you will discover you are NOT ALONE in being falsely accused. Firstly, have you got a solicitor that specializes in this sort of thing? Others will be able to advise you better than me regarding that. We will do our best to advise and support you through this awful ordeal. PLEASE ask any questions and we will do our best to answer them, and if you just need to let off steam this is the place to come.

Comment

I don't even know where to start, I'm 19 I'm at college I don't have any money for a solicitor. My mum dosen't know yet, I'm so scared.

Comment

is there anyway to bring my bail forwards?
        I just want this ordeal to be over I really don't think I can last till the 6th of April. And what happens on the 6th when I return?

Comment

Hi Oldjoe, first thing to do is to tell your mum, you need her in your corner. It won't be pleasant, don't be alone in this.

Have you been charged? - if you can let us know which county you're in, we may be able to recommend one a legal that specialsies in this type of case.

The bail date is set, but hopefully by the time it comes it to it - the case won't be proceeded on.
          And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Oldjoe.....Right! now take a deep breath,,,first off, if possible please tell your mother you are going to need her support. Unfortunately you cannot bring the bail date forward. Did you have the duty solicitor with you when the police questioned you? This whole situation could take some time to be resolved, some people are lucky enough to have their cases dropped after a relatively short time, we are talking just a few months, for others it takes a great deal longer. Have you got a good network of friends around you? We fully understand how scared you are, one way or another we have either been through this ourselves or have had to help loved ones get through this ordeal. I fall into the latter catagory and had to help our son deal with being falsely accused. Keep posting others will be here soon

Comment

I don't know if I have been charged the police just came to my house one morning told me what they were arresting me for, took me to the police station and interviewed me. I told them everything in detail about the night and what happened who was there and where it was. No I said it dosen't matter about the soliciter as I have nothing to hide, the police where very nice to me and gave me a lift home etc and we had a good laugh. The thing is there are three people who can vouch for me that I did not rape this girl, one of which is this girls close friend who was there. the other is my friend who was there and saw she was kissing me etc.. and the other one was in the room below and heard the whole thing (the sex). I asked the police what was going to happen and they told me they were going to talk to the wittnesses etc.. and then they said the next step is that the CPS make a decission weather to take it to court or not.

Comment

I can't eat, sleep, anything!

Comment

Just checked my bail form, said "in relation to Warrent / Charge"

Comment

I'm from England btw.

Comment

Oldjoe, even though you have done nothing wrong you should have at least had the duty solicitor with you, others with more legal knowledge will be here soon to advise you regarding this matter. Don't get in too much of a panic that you didn't, whats done is done. The physical symptoms you are suffering are quite normal. If you find it starts to get overwhelming, which it probably already is go see your GP and explain what has happened, ring the Samaritans for someone impartial to speak to,try to tell your Mum, basically make use of any support on offer.

Comment

How often does this sort of thing go to court?

Comment

Oldjoe,

On the bail notification is it to return to the police station. If so this sounds like pre-charge bail. Also from the way the police will be interviewing witnesses, sounds like they are carrying out the investigation to see if there is any evidence to support the false allegation before the CPS decide whether there is sufficient to consider a charge.

I am sorry that you declined the free legal advice at the police station. There is no public funding available at this stage so I appreciate that getting a solicitor may be difficult. However you could try contacting FASO who may be able to recommend a solicitor near you. You could contact them and may get an hours consultation for free. although obviously they may not be keen to do this as it is work without pay for them. But worth a try.

I agree with others that it is important that you tell your mum. This is a tough time and you need a lot of support. I am sure that most parents will know their children well enough to realise the truth.

You came to a good place, a lot of people here are going through a similar thing. You will find good advice and support here.
                          SH

Comment

Yeah its a return to police station thingy, "in relation to Charge / warrent of.."
                            I cannot belive this is happening to me. I've never done anything bad to anyone, I have never hurt anyone, I have never been involved in a serious fight, I have never been in trouble with the police. I'm a nice guy, I have a good group of friends around me but unfortunately I cannot talk to them as the police officer told me not to till after he has interviewed them. I'm behind on my college work, I can't cope with this!

Comment

Less than half of those arrested will lead to any charge. (44%)

Only one in three of those charged were convicted.

These numbers come from a study from London by Kelly from 2007.

http://www.met.police.uk/sapphire/do...ons_london.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X